PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,562 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 June 2018 at 10:05AM
    & has been up since 2bells, trying to sort out bits of enzed by phone. Some slightly worked. Some will do. Some to retry.
    Was prepared for summer/high-season prices for airfare, but quadruple car hire is a bit of a gulp. Don't have exact dates yet, but NZDCR will be used for 3rd time [ with every poss.long hire discount/loyalty nicenesses going]
    #
    In no particular order -
    1. Wasn't in till 1.a.m. after rtn to The Alma, so no early booting yday before morning service. Then to support other thing, fund-raiser. then to carers' Service in afternoon, another parish. Rev. Prof. neurologist spoke - so good, funny, caring:. It was a really good thing to be part of - and humbling.
    https://www.neuroscience.cam.ac.uk/directory/profile.php?Alcool
    https://www.cuh.nhs.uk/neurosciences/who-we-are/surgeons-consultants-and-other-doctors/dr-alasdair-coles

2. Despite intro. have nonetheless managed to speak to all 3 NZ business-y peeps, but oldest sthn hemi schoolfriend not in, so left msg.

3. Introduced to another linguist/ 'Another francophile!', with many of same enthusiasms/areas i.e. Giono, Rabier, Pagnol, Mistral etc.etc.

3. Amused when asking Vicar how hens were - like you, Frith, 2 recent mournings; Pom-Pom and Paxo - when husband said, 'Ah yes, the lay sisters.... ':rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:. & loves.

3. Vicar's husband is a brilliant, multi-gifted musician, was pianist back-bone of the musically secure and strong G&S in the Haybarn - annual production - Sat p.m. Great fun: Cox and Box[unknown to &] and HMS Pinafore. Kept meeting people re-met yday and enjoyed a vin before late rtn>The Alma and Wales-Arg rugby catch-up. Thus eventual 1am-ish back at squat.
    Inferior other-shaped ball games are currently available.....
    Mind you, despite win, ABs performance v Les Bleus had a lot of the inferior about it and we've lost beaut. Beaudie for the final next week. Luckily, other Barrett bro.s proved themselves and are available.
    Also, bop is correct. & was having a late listen[round ball avoidance]after Carers' Service and that cricket was fantastic. Tough on either to lose.

4. Pushy shoviness of birdie allsorts and their impatience as & refills food, renews all watery baths and drinking holes. Little robin even sat on an emptied broad bean pod as I shelled them.

5. Another fruit-in-boiled-tea cake prepped and lush leftovers use-up+rtc new potatoes>salad done.
    #
    It must be big daylight now. Will go and see, have usual orange, nat yog., sit outside, look about and listen.
    #
    Equivalent pleasures to all of you, too.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. Picked redcurrants and raspberries from the garden and a very few alpine strawberries. Some were eaten immediately, others were eaten at lunch, made a summer pudding for tea with some strawberries added and the rest of the redcurrants were frozen.It
    Still more to be picked and it won't be long before the bkackcurrants and gooseberries are ready to puck.

2. Little bits done in the garden which has made look much better.
    Thought it looked like heavy rain all day but it never happened.

3. Watched the U20 rugby final. France were far better than England. Loved the way the National anthems were sung by both sides. Wonder whether our footballers will sing it tonight with as much passion.

4. DS2 made roast beef for tea which was delicious. He was cross as couldn't buy lamb.

5. DH is home. Lovely seeing him but house is now messier!!!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sunday pleasures,

Thoughts of my Dad, thanks for all he gave me, love and blessings sent off into the ether.

Up early and around fields with small dog, hedges alive with activity and noise.

Apart from the above, a gentle, lazy kind of day with no midday meal to cook as eldest hollow legged one taking us out in the evening for FD treat.

A further cull of clothing with two more bags to go to Hospice CS.

A lovely evening out and Capt S choked at what his son had written in card.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 June 2018 at 12:25PM
    V Mill next door is full of Software types. They are like IT, but worse. Always thought they were differing to the rest of us. This morning their drinks truck turns up with eco squeezed fruits etc. In plastic bottles. Proper drink like tea comes in a come! Avoid!

4 Talking of no waste, in BoP!!!8217;s lunch box this day. One club, three, yes three, mini peelers! An apple, boiled egg and salad. Now you should knows what an apple does for you! Proper foods. Tea is being drunk.

3 Watched another flixnet last eve. Please Stand by. I will lets yous lot find it and discus. Very good. Again not mainstream carp. Worth five minutes for Frith though?

PM2DD I see the Germans have started like they mean business again! No peaking until the QF! Typical, don!!!8217;t believe the press in what they say, they will peak against us, again!

Having to find one today! I has to find the 1 button on the telly today. Fortunately now wes done the dining room and wireless things is connected to the speakers, so none of their drool.

Here ends today!!!8217;s BoPibless rantings! Served up with a dash of lime!

BopNews Latest!
    BoP's piece is flying. A330neo (Trent7000) flying over Filton this afternoon (will be at 1500 feet). Call sign is AIB339

https://www.flightradar24.com/AIB339/1cd01503
  • Afternoon :) Lots of nice things today :)

- 2nd Fathers Day meal for OH yesterday and a huge doggy bag of left over roast meat - which was much appreciated, happy waggy spaniels :D

- Lovely visit from DD2 over the weekend, really nice catch up, lovely

- Enjoying the World Cup and looking forward to England later :D

-Lots of YL bargains at the supermaket today

- Nice tidy house and the garden looking (and sounding ) lovely
  • Bopette
    Bopette Posts: 7 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Shiver me timbers, Bopette has broken inn..yo ho ho and a bottle of rum :beer:

Pleasures are BoP watching his beach ready body :eek:
    New job going ace :j
    Off to New York, and Washington DC this year :j
    San Francisco with ribbons in my hair 2019 :j
    England and vino tonight :footie::footie:

Mhags, read over the shoulder of BoP belated sympathies for your loss. You are a remarkable woman to deal with that and such a big move x

Ampersand, Hello :D
    BoP Watch out, Bopettes about :D
  • Bopette wrote: »
    BoP Watch out, Bopettes about :D
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Please exercise extreme caution!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hello, it's a much more pleasant evening . Sun has came out after a showery day.

Alarm was set this morning so I could get everything done that needed doing before the plumbers came. Father and son both called the same name. Tad confusing at times! Got bigger capacity boiler than
    expected as it was on offer for same price.

Went and ordered flooring for all three kids rooms. Will come when I'm ready for it.

Kind of hung about not able to do much ...not sure what I would otherwise be doing but when you're limited by work going on around. Had a very mini snoozette but was a bit noisy.

Stuff taken to tip, boxes emptied in garage and cardboard taken to recycling at T carpark.

A few mini clip clop walks with Haggis. Back to vets tomorrow.

Received a letter from stupid pension company who have still not paid neither me or children. A complaint has been raised. This is at a ridiculous level now. 15 months it's taken and they still can't make a payment when they said they would!

Just finished the last of the honeycomb ice cream. It was just delicious!

Hot water straight from the tap. No waiting for it to heat up! Hurrah.
  • Monday pleasures

Hot, hot, hot :)

Exceedingly lazy day - but I do NOT feel guilty :rotfl:

Watching the birdies

Salad for dinner

Reading your posts
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,030 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    & I saw a programme on Lullingstone, but we!!!8217;ve not ventured to it, but do pass close to it.

1 I meal planned from yesterday!!!8217;s leftovers, pork rolls were lunch, and sweet and sour pork with rice is dinner.:)
    2 I had to do some online expenditure, had an offer so used that and it arrives later tonight hence cheap, I was hoping the delivery will also keep me from visiting Mr T for any reason this week, I am trying to avoid it as I always end up getting extra stuff and I am liking clearing the freezers down. Only to find that it!!!8217;s to late to cancel and they have sent me a mail saying they literally only have half the order and they are still delivering. Utterly useless I knew there was a reason I didn!!!8217;t online shop.:eek:
    3 Mowed the lawn, hung the washing out to dry, dropped a bay parcel off to courier, requested prescription.
    4 I instructed the estate agents, argh painful percentages but worth it I!!!8217;m sure, any rate it is all underway at least now, paperwork to deal with, an open house and all the bits in between.
    5 Ambling about watering the garden and the animals chasing the water.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback