PPI Claim upto 30 years

Options
2»

Comments

• PLYSU
    PLYSU Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    I hope this was not Arnold Clark, I think half there staff hang around these forums. RUDE
  • jamesperrett
    jamesperrett Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    A while ago I convinced myself that I had PPI for a car loan from the 1980's so I dug out all my paperwork from the depths of our garage. It turns out that I couldn't find any PPI for the car loan but I did find a couple of bank loans with PPI which I managed to successfully claim for through the FOS.
  • sally-pitman
    Options
    i have gone through the same company. started in February. they keep saying they will chase the company and give them another 40 days. i have said its now taking to long, however they say if i cancel i will lose my money. is there anything i can do? how should i proceed
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hitower68 wrote: »
    Thank you both for the response, problem is, I can't remember who I had the car loans with back in the 80's

That's because you might well not have had any loans and even if you did no guarantee that they had PPI.
    Do you really think they have this information about you or just guessing?

Bin it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The OP is long gone. You've been duped by the random thread revivalist.
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Options
    i have gone through the same company. started in February. they keep saying they will chase the company and give them another 40 days. i have said its now taking to long, however they say if i cancel i will lose my money. is there anything i can do? how should i proceed

You've probably been scammed, but hang on in there, you never know. In future never pay for these things up front. They should take their commission from the funds they recover for you. If they don't recover anything then that is their loss. That is what 'no win, no fee' should mean.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    iolanthe07 wrote: »
    If they don't recover anything then that is their loss.
    The only "loss" the Claims Company will incur is the price of a few stamps and paying a minimum wage employee to put a template letter in an envelope along with a letter of authority.

It's a free complaints process which no one should have to pay to use whether upfront or after success.
    i have gone through the same company. started in February. they keep saying they will chase the company and give them another 40 days. i have said its now taking to long, however they say if i cancel i will lose my money.

The Claims Company won't be overly concerned by the delay, in fact there is absolutely nothing they can do to hurry the process if the Bank is tardy because of the volume of complaints. If you cancel, the PPI company is still entitled to charge for "work" they've already done.

I do hope you haven't paid this company £495 upfront?:eek:
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

Your a victim of the scam unfortunately, never pay a fee upfront for anything, companies such as this are a fraud, without paperwork you have nothing, and they have your £495.00.

Sorry but you’ve been conned.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure