Denied Phone Contract

Hi
My credit experian score shows fair at 722 and I've been turned down for a phone contract with Vodafone. I have a contract with o2 for phone and tablet with 3. Is it denying me cos it would look like 3 contracts? I'm going to cancel the O2 one after getting a new phone so I'd only have 2. Would I have to wait now as I have been declined or is Vodafone credit check difficult to pass?

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,008
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Your credit score is meaningless. Only you can see it. What matters is your credit history
    It doesn't look like 3 mobile contracts, it will be 3 contracts. Voda have no way of knowing that you will cancel the o2 one subsequently.
    You'd probably get a much better deal by bundling these services-and with an MVNO rather than Voda/o2/Three
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • What's an MVNO? The phone I want is a new one and I've looked at the offers and they are all much more expensive than the offers on mobiles.co.uk (£15 cheaper a month). Should I cancel my O2 contract and then try and get another contract elsewhere. O2 can only offer me £52 a month whereas the deal on Vodafone is £36 a month for the same thing. I've tried getting them to budge but they say they can't price match and have given the the PAC number to leave.
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,014
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Mobile Virtual Network Operator, a provider that uses one of the main mobile networks, e.g. Giff Gaff, PlusNet, Virgin Mobile etc.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What's stopping you going with mobiles.co.uk?
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 8,970
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I hope things have improved now - but we were refused a mobile phone contract some years ago because we were of 'no fixed abode'.

We lived in Armed Forces married quarters.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure