Having trouble proving identity with some organisations

2»

Comments

• Jelli
    Jelli Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 May 2018 at 9:44PM
    Krisko wrote: »
    I think concerns over affordability and potentially number of applications is a more likely reason for the declines than information from the N Hunter database.

What kinds of products have you been declined for on what size of income? Have you made many applications over a short period of time (in the last 4-6 months)?

Do you currently hold a credit card or any other loans? Any late payments?

Declines were from a co-op Basic account, M&S current account and a few credit cards including MBNA on an income of 15000, all within 6 months. MBNA on the phone said "NationalHunter is the reason why they can't approve today and should resolve that first before re-applying". M&S said checks with Cifas were the reason why they can't accept me in a letter.

I currently have 5 credit cards with no debt, no late payments and no loans. Maybe being turned down by Credit Club hints at something underlining?
  • They need your passport, etc so they can add it to your profile and permanently link it with all your other data including the blacklists.

Unfortunately, they will refuse to reveal your data unless you are willing to trade your valuable ID documents with them in exchange.

Alternatively, you could SAR the companies who have turned you down specifying that you want a full copy of all data gathered from third parties concerning your applications. There will be no charge.
  • Jelli
    edited 27 May 2018 at 11:50PM
    OK, thanks sargeantsalt. I wish everyone got a free ID card from birth but I guess I'll have to either fork out £75 to make my life easier or do what you suggested with a SAR.
  • micky2phones
    micky2phones Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, i still find it funny that you need a Passport for ID but its seems to me that its easy or so im believe to buy a fake Passport ?
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Do not buy a fake passport, no matter how easy or cheap they are.

Ask Experian if they will accept a different form of ID - bank statements with birth cert etc. They may need more docs but if you don't have a passport then you don't have one.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    So within 6 months you have made several applications including 2 bank accounts and a "a few" credit cards. You have also varied the information on these, and have now been told you have a CIFAS marker. It could be that they marked it due to the differences especially if they were over a short space of time rather than someone else trying to commit fraud (which is what I gather you trying to check?)

When you say MSE CC rejected what do you mean? Normally they ask a few questions about what credit you have etc, were you unable to answer these.

Under GDPR you can get the statutory report for free.
  • Jelli
    edited 28 May 2018 at 9:53AM
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    Do not buy a fake passport, no matter how easy or cheap they are.

Ask Experian if they will accept a different form of ID - bank statements with birth cert etc. They may need more docs but if you don't have a passport then you don't have one.

I've asked that and support said they'll get back to me in 5 days with a response. Hope it's not a robotic response that ignores previous correspondence like "Hi, how may I help you?". Aaaagh!

nic_c wrote: »
    So within 6 months you have made several applications including 2 bank accounts and a "a few" credit cards. You have also varied the information on these, and have now been told you have a CIFAS marker. It could be that they marked it due to the differences especially if they were over a short space of time rather than someone else trying to commit fraud (which is what I gather you trying to check?)

When you say MSE CC rejected what do you mean? Normally they ask a few questions about what credit you have etc, were you unable to answer these.

Under GDPR you can get the statutory report for free.

The only differences in my applications were 'retired', 'retired', 'unemployed', 'retired', 'unemployed' etc. MBNA asked on the phone what other cards I had but it made me feel uneasy and I missed a lender (I told them 4 out of 5). I've lived at one address since forever but with one lender had 2 letterbox addresses so should that info be included in applications? My other lenders just know me at a single address of 30 years.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Don't tell what you think they want, but what is true. If you have only lived at one, state that don't repeating ones that are inaccurate. You haven't mentioned how many applications, but the rejections could because you have made several in a short space of time (i.e. over 5 it seems).
  • Jelli
    edited 28 May 2018 at 10:28PM
    Yes I think it's more than 5. The reason for lots of apps is not to borrow money but to create monthly DD's. If there's a mistake on nhunter and Cifas does it drop off after a certain time?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure