Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Anonymously
    • By Anonymously 27th Jan 18, 12:03 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Anonymously
    Included Insurance with Bank Account who is responsible?
    • 27th Jan 18, 12:03 PM
    Included Insurance with Bank Account who is responsible? 27th Jan 18 at 12:03 PM
    Having some issues with Nationwide FlexPlus account Travel Insurance. Are Nationwide the body who carry responsibility for any problems because I pay them for this included service or can they simply palm me off to the insurance company saying "I have forwarded your letter to UK Insurance as it's their responsibility to manage complaints about Travel Insurance". Is there any redress with Nationwide.
Page 1
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 27th Jan 18, 12:11 PM
    • 1,218 Posts
    • 820 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 27th Jan 18, 12:11 PM
    • 27th Jan 18, 12:11 PM
    Nationwide don't provide the insurance themselves so you need to deal with the provider.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 27th Jan 18, 12:31 PM
    • 7,402 Posts
    • 7,964 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 27th Jan 18, 12:31 PM
    • 27th Jan 18, 12:31 PM
    It clearly makes sense to deal with the actual insurance provider initially but IMHO the fact that account holders pay Nationwide does mean that Nationwide are ultimately in the loop and so do bear some responsibility, albeit more in a legal/contractual sense than a practical/operational one.

However, much depends on what the complaint actually is in terms of whether Nationwide can realistically help or not, what's the issue?
    • Anonymously
    • By Anonymously 27th Jan 18, 2:11 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Anonymously
    • 27th Jan 18, 2:11 PM
    • 27th Jan 18, 2:11 PM
    It is a practical one and therefore UKI clearly need to give the answers, but I wondered if they should give them via Nationwide and Nationwide do the chasing etc, when there is no reply or not in correct timescale.

Basing on goods purchased where the person you pay the money to has to take up the problem, I believe.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 27th Jan 18, 4:15 PM
    • 20,311 Posts
    • 16,061 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 27th Jan 18, 4:15 PM
    • 27th Jan 18, 4:15 PM
    It is a practical one and therefore UKI clearly need to give the answers, but I wondered if they should give them via Nationwide and Nationwide do the chasing etc, when there is no reply or not in correct timescale.
    Originally posted by Anonymously

Adding Nationwide as an intermediary is only likely to make things take even longer, so I'd continue to deal directly with UKI. What I would do is ensure that if you are not being treated fairly by UKI that you also complain separately to Nationwide.
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 27th Jan 18, 7:41 PM
    • 519 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    18cc
    • 27th Jan 18, 7:41 PM
    • 27th Jan 18, 7:41 PM
    Nationwide are of course ultimately responsible as it is them who provide the account and benefits so if you're talking about complaints and so on then it is Nationwide you should complain to

however from a practical points of View day-to-day business etc obviously it makes sense to deal with insurance company Direct
    • sandollar
    • By sandollar 14th Feb 18, 5:33 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sandollar
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:33 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:33 PM
    Just found this thread. I too have issues with UKI. I'm still waiting for my claim to be resolved concerning my partners death due to an accident on holiday JULY 2017 !
    I have complied with every request for paperwork and evidence but still no sign of them reaching an agreement to settle the medical bills. I find it all very stressful.
    Is it usual for such claims to take so long?
    Who at Nationwide would I complain to about UKI's handling of my claim?
    Any advice gratefully received
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 14th Feb 18, 11:43 PM
    • 7,402 Posts
    • 7,964 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 14th Feb 18, 11:43 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 11:43 PM
    Who at Nationwide would I complain to about UKI's handling of my claim?
    Originally posted by sandollar
    https://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/contact-us/make-a-complaint
    • realaledrinker
    • By realaledrinker 15th Feb 18, 12:33 AM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 544 Thanks
    realaledrinker
    • 15th Feb 18, 12:33 AM
    • 15th Feb 18, 12:33 AM
    Cannot save link but google Nationwide CEO.
    Last edited by realaledrinker; 15-02-2018 at 12:37 AM.
    Ethical moneysaver
    • realaledrinker
    • By realaledrinker 15th Feb 18, 12:36 AM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 544 Thanks
    realaledrinker
    Deleted post
    Ethical moneysaver
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 15th Feb 18, 12:59 AM
    • 7,402 Posts
    • 7,964 Thanks
    eskbanker
    Cannot save link but google Nationwide CEO.
    Originally posted by realaledrinker
    The main Nationwide complaints page (link in my above post) unusually includes a link to a form for complaining to the chief executive('s office), so they're obviously used to dealing with people who feel that starting at the top is the most appropriate approach, although the sceptic would observe that the more who do that, the less likely it is that anyone senior would ever actually see them....
    • anneo
    • By anneo 18th Feb 18, 9:19 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    anneo
    who is responsible
    Re contact for nationwide contact re complaint...dont waste your time. Nationwide seem to absolve themselves from any responsibility and politely refer you to UKI. Their complaints procedure is useless, dealt with by call handler and their supervisor...no internal escalation process whatsoever.
    However to take it anywhere you need to register your complaint with UKI, insist on a written response from them, and then If you are still unhappy escalate to the ombudsman.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

562Posts Today

5,803Users online

Martin's Twitter