PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 8th January 2018

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Ouch on the fall AOD can't use it on grazes but arnica is great for bruises.
    Another ouch for the cut finger Judi
    Did have to chuckle at your comment re going to the seaside for convalescence TA, maybe those Victorians had the right idea, perhaps a liquid tonic might be a good idea?

I have leaky eye syndrome today, it's a year today since my lovely Mum died, won't say much else as many of you have been through it and know exactly how I am feeling. Getting loads of cuddles from my DOH and the dogs :o

Take care folks x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Have another hug LaineyT everyone is entitled to have a down day now and again. This time of the year especially, I just looked out of the window and its dark and a miserable grey sky and raining its enough to make anyone feel bad without thinking of your lost loved ones. So I am sending lots of virtual <hugs> to all my sad friends on here this morning.To those who have hurt themselves physically and those who are suffering mentally Have a freebie hug from me :):)

This morning ,despite the rain its book club so I shall soon be toddling off for a pleasant morning 's natter with my reading chums. Then this afternoon I have a date with my DGS Ben and we are going to watch The Zookeepers wife on their sky box that DD recorded for us.I shall bring the cake and he shall make the coffee.
    No food shopping for me until next week hopefully as I am still eating my way through left over bits and pieces from the New Year Came home last night with a plated up dinner of left overs for tonight so a quick zap in the microwave and some gravy made and my dinner for tonight is sorted :)

have a good day chums if you can and keep well wrapped up and warm and dry also

Cheers JackieO xxx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    When I was a child, long long ago, I used to hear of old people going into convalescent homes at the seaside to recover from illness. Do they still have them I wonder, it's just what I could do with!!
    Take me with you...please.:o
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    hugs, Lainey - it will be 4 years since mum died at the end of this month, 5 since dad died a couple of weeks later. I had to reckon it up in my head because I just couldn't believe it, I thought it was only a couple of years.

dumpling, I'm glad the news is better about Becky and I hope you get well soon.

We're going to sis-i-laws today for the week. I'm trying to get DH going because I want to call on my aunt on the way, we've not seen her for a while and she is the best company. She is my role model because she is one of those people who is always cheerful and has an ope outlook on life, she has always been like that, very different from my mum (her sister), but then mum didn't have the easiest of lives with my dad who could be very difficult. I loved them both but am very aware of their flaws.
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Its another Brrrrr day, heavy frost, have just been out and warned our neighbour about the lane, I know she uses it.

Two phone calls, one to the garage, he is coming round to have a look at the car and check it over, the other to the surgery to speak to the Dr about OH she wanted a report today on how he is. She will phone me after surgery.

A bad night OH could not sleep, so have just got up and dressed, he is still asleep will wake him shortly for some breakfast and get him up for an hour.

Lainey, have an extra hug this morning, I know just how you are feeling.

The phone has been ringing off the hook,wanting to make sure I am ok.

No idea what to have for supper, I defrosted sausage last Thursday, I need to cook them, might do myself a sausage sandwich at lunch time and put the other two in the freezer. No way OH can have them, they are full of salt. The turkey was very nice last night and OH cleared his plate, just a small helping but he enjoyed it, which is good.

Right off to see if he is awake and sort out his breakfast.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning campers :wave:

Lainey Thinking about you today
    Judi Try your pharmacist ...mine sell these strips that act like a stitch ...may prevent it scarring
    AOD ouch bet you are sore
    nanny glad dad was a bit better small mercies eh ;)
    camelot welcome back ...we need holiday tales :)

Bit later posting this morning but have been up since just after 6. Really cold here but not as icy.

Work to do today at last count i had over 200 emails I have ignored...hopefully most of them will be rubbish and I can crack through quickly.

last night i made some turkey sloppy joes with slaw in a vain attempt to have something different with the freezer left overs. it was lovely. Some turkey left over from the left overs (the joy of singledom) so ill have that today with some veg/salad

Could do with a small shop (very small just spuds bread and cordial) Ill put it off till tomorrow though. Last shop was on the 23rd Dec so pleased with that and this one will come in less than a tenner no doubt

Have a lovely day and be careful this thread is becoming more like an emergency room :A
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Morning all chilly here in Essex this morning but at least the wind has died down
    AOD hope you are feeling a bit better try and rest up
    Csarina I hope you are over the shock of yesterday
    Judi Ouch you can buy butterfly stitches from the chemist i believe
    lainey Hugs to you
    Dumpling sounds like Becky is making good progress
    NMLC Great news on your mum
    I am off to Primani for DD1 as she needs some new jeggins so will drop DS at the gym and pop over there am going to have a look through the freezer and see what i can meal prep as i am worried if we get this flu there won't be anything easy and quick to cook in the freezer for those who are ok .
    Hugs to those who need them and extra strength for those who need some
    Have a great day whatever you are up to
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,757 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning all,

Csarina and aod I hope you're not too achey. Judi...ouch! Dumpling I'm glad you're feeling better and that Becky has had a good visit.

Up early this morning (nothing new, we get up early every morning) and the HT has been delivered to school. I put one wash load on before we went out and that's in the dryer as the grass is still frozen out the back. The HT's fleecy blanket is now in the wash as he spent most of the time that he was downstairs over Christmas wrapped up in it and coughing into it.

I was a bit unsure how to dress my leg last night as all efforts so far have concentrated on the removal of the dead bit that I cut out. I texted an ex-nurse friend for advice and it seems ok. I have an appointment with the nurse at the doctor's surgery on Friday so I will know properly what to do after that. Until then I'll concentrate on keeping it clean and covered up.

I've liberated dinner from the freezer for tonight. I'm trying to use up some of the meals that I've made and frozen before I make any more. Today's main job is a new freezer inventory. While we were both ill I totally lost track of what was in there.

Take care all of you and an extra hug to Lainey
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all
    It's dull and grey, but thank goodness the wind has died down a little. At least it's dry, but my it's ccccold !
    This morning I have stripped the bed and put it in the WM, emptied the DW and filled it with the breakfast dishes, cleaned down the kitchen tops and the top of the cooker and emptied the kitchen bin.
    I'm now sitting with my coffee steeling myself up to go and clear out the "Cupboard of Doom" in the spare bedroom, ready to put away the Xmas boxes. If I don't return tomorrow, please send out a search party or if funds can't stretch that far, a St Bernard with a brandy barrel ( even a Jack Russell will do if it can carry a small flask of tea :rotfl:)
    Later I will remake the bed and hoover upstairs and do some ironing, well that's the plan anyway. I will do as much as I can today as Mr Fix It wants to go out tomorrow car shopping and as my Dad is no longer in favour, it will fall to me to accompany him :(.
    Tea tonight will be a spag bol or a pasta bake, as I found some mince hiding in the depths of the freezer.
    NMLC please give your Mum a hug from me when you visit.
    AOD and Judi Ouch ! sending gentle hugs from another Mrs Clumsy.
    LaineyT thinking of you today.
    TA do you think there could be one of those convalescent homes somewhere with a warm climate ? If so, please count me in. I'll even offer to make the all the teas and coffees for the duration :rotfl:.
    Dumpling if you like cwtches I will send you copious amounts from S.E.Wales :).
    Love and strength to all the poorlies, sad, worried or lonely today.
    Righty ho enough procrastinating, I'm off into the "Cupboard of Doom". Cover me I'm going in ! :rotfl:
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Cranky

I hope when you see the nurse on Friday she can suggest something that will help. This is not intended as advice but in the summer I got athlete's foot by wearing open sandals and walking near wild plants. I tried every branded spray, cream etc that I could find and nothing got rid of it completely. Eventually I bought a colloidal silver spray from a***on and it helped a lot and was better than anything else I tried.

Washing machine has been on but will wait till tonight to tumble dry or put things on an airer. I still have a couple of portions of the cottage pie I made yesterday and might freeze one of them so I am not always eating the same thing.

Getting the bus later to go to York for U3A to watch a vintage film
    and looking forward to it. DDs took me out for a walk and got me up to 5000 steps for the day and when I weighed myself this morning I had lost five pounds :j Not "dieting" as such but eating more fruit and veg and limiting things like bread and junk food.

Special hug to AOL, csarina and judi and hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills