MSE News: TSB introduces iris recognition for mobile app users

Former_MSE_Steve_1
Former_MSE_Steve_1 Posts: 79 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Anniversary Newshound! Chutzpah Haggler
edited 21 July 2017 at 12:30PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
TSB is set to introduce iris recognition to its mobile banking app – meaning some customers will soon be able to log in to their account simply by looking at their phone...
Read the full story:
'TSB Bank introduces iris recognition for mobile app users'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It seems a good idea although I am pleased the Samsung Galaxy owners will sort out any problems for me before I can use it on my Moto G!
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,113 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'd be grateful if the app updated automatically! I had two versions of it at one point. One of them with the banner 'new' in the top corner of the icon. Then they send me messages saying you appear to be using an old version. Every other app I have updates itself, unless it needs more permissions.

The new app has spent a bit on improving the graphics, but is slower and not as user friendly.
  • realaledrinker
    realaledrinker Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Hope it is better than Atom's. Gave up on that and went back to inputting the 6 digit code.
    Ethical moneysaver
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hope it is better than Atom's. Gave up on that and went back to inputting the 6 digit code.

I had problems with Atom too.

Do you by any chance wear glasses? I found that it is more likely to recognise me without my glasses, even though I'm sure I had them on when I registered, as I'm useless without them:o
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Nebulous2 wrote: »
    I'd be grateful if the app updated automatically! I had two versions of it at one point. One of them with the banner 'new' in the top corner of the icon. Then they send me messages saying you appear to be using an old version. Every other app I have updates itself, unless it needs more permissions.

The new app has spent a bit on improving the graphics, but is slower and not as user friendly.

Thanks for that. Think I'll wait a while before downloading the new one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure