PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Renting - Dead money ?

124»

Comments

• Tassotti
    Tassotti Posts: 1,492 Forumite
    What complete rubbish.

I am based down saarf..in SE London. There are many properties that are affordable for FTBs, if only they would look within the commuter belt.

A London wage and a good property within 45 mins travel of work is entirely possible.

Buying a first property has ALWAYS been difficult. One may have to give up their plasma screens, Ipods, 2 holidays a year, but this has always been the way.

The problem is that too many people have grown up expecting too much. "Hand it to me on a plate please". Even when the lenders do, they still moan.

Get some reality..you don't have to move ooop north and commute, try doing some research and see what is available within commuting distance.

I can assure you that there are properties out there that you can afford.

I hear "Oh, but they are c.rap holes..So what make it decent, sell for a profit (in the still rising market) Thats what our predecssors did, and worked hard to do so.

Cumooooon
  • wisbech_lad
    wisbech_lad Posts: 295 Forumite
    For me my job means I need to rent (move every 2-4 years)

My next rental will be 46,000 quid or there abouts a year. But the flats sell for 1.6 million, so much lower than an IO mortgage would be.
  • Tassotti
    Tassotti Posts: 1,492 Forumite
    Hi w_lad...

Loadsamoney!!! :beer:

Like it...Can be done..even by whingers....my income from property comes close to 100K per year....

Bloody BTLetters
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport