Isis Solar - Free Panels - something fishy going on?

Options

Comments

• Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had no idea that terrorists had branched out into solar panels.....
    Je suis sabot...
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    From the rules:

;)
    I delete my whole message when a spam post has been removed - as I have just done..
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    ...until the spam post disappears. :D

Which is fine if ...
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I delete my whole message when a spam post has been removed - as I have just done..

But not everyone does. So quoting but changing the spam post usually prevents people thinking it was their genuine post that was the spam post after the real spam post has been nuked. ;)
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    Which is fine if ...

But not everyone does. So quoting but changing the spam post usually prevents people thinking it was their genuine post that was the spam post after the real spam post has been nuked. ;)

I can't speak for anyone else.
    I've just said what I do - which is evident by the absence of the post quoted.
    That way the forum flow makes sense & no genuine poster thinks I'm referring to their post as :spam:
  • HonestJon2017
    Options
    Hi, wondering if anyone out there has a contact number for ISIS 2 or Solar O&M??
    Thanks
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    "Revert back"?
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 27 July 2017 at 7:41PM
    Options
    That's obviously a comment from someone who doesn't have the faintest idea of the output of modern solar panels.
    I have a 3.9kW system on my property and today it produced 24.7kWh.
    This is more than enough to cover all of my electricity needs during the day including running a washing machine for a couple of loads and also my dishwasher.
    To put it another way, I could boil a kettle and providing I kept it topped up, I could boil it all day long and it wouldn't cost me a penny in electricity charges.
    Well actually I have 20 panels on my roof and your 24.7 kw day was spread over around 12 hours so at max you would have about 2k of power at any given time, which is not enough to boil your kettle.

The meter will start running again when under load, the excess goes towards your FIT payments so you didn't get you entire day for free. If you gave away your roof (I have no idea if you did or not) you don't even get the FIT payments so it's not worth losing your roof over a few pence a day.
  • George_Michael
    George_Michael Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bris wrote: »
    Well actually I have 20 panels on my roof and your 24.7 kw day was spread over around 12 hours so at max you would have about 2k of power at any given time, which is not enough to boil your kettle.
    Wrong again I'm afraid.
    On a bright sunny day, the peak power produced by my system is about 3.4kW and best I've had to date is 3.72kW.

I bought my system about 19 months ago and it cost £6200.
    In the first year my payments received were £680 and both my electricity and gas bills dropped dramatically and this year looks like it's going to be better.
    Even ignoring my reduced energy bills and just taking the payments I received into account, I am receiving an annual return on my £6200 which is well in excess of 10%. Try getting a return like than from a bank.
    bris wrote: »
    The meter will start running again when under load, the excess goes towards your FIT payments so you didn't get you entire day for free
    Surely if you have solar panels you must know that isn't how the system works.
    It's not a case of getting paid for any excess electricity fed back into the grid.
    You get paid a fixed amount for every Kwh that is generated irrespective of whether you use that electricity or not and you also receive a feed in payment for 50% of what you generate and you receive both of these payments even if you use 100% of the electricity generated by your panels.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you asked your conveyancing solicitors - this must be a question that has been raised before. Do get their advice before putting the house on the market, because I have heard that some lenders will be reluctant to give mortgages on houses with solar panels, even without your ownership situation.
  • Lala51
    Options
    Yes I can help you there. My house caught fire recently and my contract was with Isis Solar/1/2 ..whatever. I finally got hold of a man called Ian from Solar O & M who are a management company apparently. Still fishy, never answers phone email only.. Going to solicitor to check out. Will let you know situation. Ian Gilbert 07572221421. Hope this helps.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback