June's 2013 BR Club

Comments

• solventsoon
    solventsoon Posts: 17,363 Forumite
    meep777 wrote: »
    Hi
    My Bankrupcy petition goes to court next Tues, Im dreading it, especially the OR interview. Ive nearly cancelled twice, but as my mum pointed out my problems wont go away. I split from my husband last year and live with my two girls, its nice to know you can talk to people in the same position as your self.

Mandy

:hello: Hello Mandy and welcome
    If you read back through the posts on the May BR Club you'll find a lot of people in the same position you're in now, hopefully that will help you to get through this.

Good luck for Tuesday, sending you lots of positive thoughts.

spoon x
    :) The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time :)
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 June 2013 at 1:12PM
    Hi
    My Bankrupcy petition goes to court next Tues, Im dreading it, especially the OR interview. Ive nearly cancelled twice, but as my mum pointed out my problems wont go away. I split from my husband last year and live with my two girls, its nice to know you can talk to people in the same position as your self.

Mandy

Hi Mandy and welcome to June's BR Club, I've added your name to post 1 :beer:
    Deep breaths and you will be fine.

My tongue in cheek checklist, what to take to court :-

- Your two copies of 6.27 and 6.28 and the Originals, do not sign them, you do this in front of the clerk. Your completed EX160 if applicable and any benefit letters/forms etc as proof.

- Money for bankruptcy fees.

- Spare change for coffee machine.

- Paper or magazine to read while waiting.

- Change for car park.

- Optional a friend to chat to/hold hand.

Best wishes
    IF
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • meep777
    meep777 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Hi
    Thanks for the comments and the useful information. I did my forms with a money advisor from the CAB so am just finishing them of today, thanks for the tip about not signing untill you get there. What kind of questions does the judge ask?
    Mandy
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi
    Thanks for the comments and the useful information. I did my forms with a money advisor from the CAB so am just finishing them of today, thanks for the tip about not signing untill you get there. What kind of questions does the judge ask?
    Mandy

Experiences vary slightly depending on the court Mandy but this was mine, I had an appointment:-
    You go to the court, speak to the clerk they will go over the forms, they take the money. You swear that the forms are true. Then you'll be asked to wait, the judge may or may not see you (He will ask you if you sought advice, you say "yes' you name your debt charity that helped you). Then you leave and wait for the clerk to give you your Bankruptcy Order, ( sometimes this is sent to you later) you then Speak to the OR's clerk on the phone they'll ask you a few questions and you ask them you wish to use your coop/barclays basic account as your pay and DD's go through it. They say they will speak to the bank and they have no interest in it. It can take between 1 or 2 hours....although sometimes it can be quicker. The Clerk’s were professional, respectful and very helpful. As was the Judge, who looked younger than me!!!!

Then you go home and have a nice cup of tea and chocolate !!
  • Keeping_Positive
    Keeping_Positive Posts: 4,750 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Hope it all went well meep777
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • meep777
    meep777 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Hi
    Just an update to let you know my bankruptcy went through last Tuesday. Both the Judge and the OR were really nice and I am allowed to continue to use my account my tax credits are paid in to and the bank agreed to me keeping the account. My Interview is this Thursday, and I have sent all the info requested by the OR. Im a bit nervous and not sure if I will have to pay anything monthly as the CAB lady said it was borderline, so Im praying!
    Thank you for all your support

Mandy x
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi
    Just an update to let you know my bankruptcy went through last Tuesday. Both the Judge and the OR were really nice and I am allowed to continue to use my account my tax credits are paid in to and the bank agreed to me keeping the account. My Interview is this Thursday, and I have sent all the info requested by the OR. Im a bit nervous and not sure if I will have to pay anything monthly as the CAB lady said it was borderline, so Im praying!
    Thank you for all your support

Mandy x

Hi Mandy, I'm so pleased all went well on Tuesday, congratulations and here's to your new start :beer:
    Will be thinking of you on Thursday too and remember it's nothing to worry about, its just for the OR to get a feel why you went BR. Before the call just look through your 6.28/SOA so your familiar with what you have said. The OR will just go through your 6.28/SOA with you. Also before the call have a big mug of tea ready or a bottle of water, and while they are writing things down you can have sips of tea/water, so you don't feel you have to fill in the pauses. And if you don’t know the answer to a question just say so. Do have a list with all questions ‘you’ want to ask.

IF

mbh4p0.gif
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Bump.........:staradmin
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Bump.......:starmod:
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    :staradmin Hi Everyone and Welcome to the June's 2013 Bankruptcy Club :staradmin

This club is for everyone who has gone or going through the process of Bankruptcy during June 2013. So please feel free to join and post.

Pop your name on here, the date that you went/are going Bankrupt. Then just keep everyone in the club updated throughout the next year about your BR journey. That way you can all stick together, compare notes and be there to support each other during the different stages of your Bankruptcies.
    Remember this is your board so keep posting :hello:

Obviously anyone can come on here and post anything that will help and you are all welcome. Any important questions that need answering please still post them on the main board, as you will receive more advice and help.

~ Please do not include too much information as the IS (Insolvency Service) are known to frequent this forum and they may identify individual cases, so username and date only, thank you ~

IF
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family