Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Comments

• eldaniel wrote: »
    13. Pure profile uk - another good company.
    I've just joined Pureprofile. I am updating my profile. I am 45 into my profile questions and still many to answer. Is it better to update it a bit every day? Do they send emails reminding me to update it or can I safely ignore it?
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 April 2015 at 9:52PM
    ciaccino wrote: »
    I've just joined Pureprofile. I am updating my profile. I am 45 into my profile questions and still many to answer. Is it better to update it a bit every day? Do they send emails reminding me to update it or can I safely ignore it?

You can do it as you wish, but you will get more surveys if it is completed.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£330.00 (66%)     INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£062.00 (13%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Hello

Last week, I told you that, I signed up to Vindal Research, my feedback is they are good, in that they pay per survey that is completed, the negative is that they send out ALOT of surveys daily, this means you earn more, but it does take up time.

They also have other survey sites under their umbrella, if you join their site, and their umbrella sites, you don't need any more survey sites, as between them, they provide you with all the surveys you will ever need.

Miriam
  • vinst
    vinst Posts: 1 Newbie
    Thanks a lot for the thread. I found it very useful! Especially all the advices from the other users. Great stuff
  • I'd just like to point out that I think the "Register for tax" section of the guide is wrong- or at least, the helpline it points you to is DEFINITELY wrong.

Might it be worth looking into this?
    If it rains, it rains.
    We'll be in the street, looking thunder in the face,
    Singing la la la la la,
    I wont change
  • MollyDolly
    MollyDolly Posts: 872 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    For anyone with Your Say Pays - there are some UKCSI surveys available today, amongst others.:)
  • I'd just like to point out that I think the "Register for tax" section of the guide is wrong- or at least, the helpline it points you to is DEFINITELY wrong.

Might it be worth looking into this?
    What part of the guide are you referring to?

Any way, I think that the guides here should be taken with a pinch of salt.
  • sopranolmu
    sopranolmu Posts: 48 Forumite
    Hi folks

I'm literally on my very first day of signing up to some online survey sites. My dad has been doing it for a few weeks, and is recommending I try it just to get a little back in terms of vouchers etc.

Now, my Dad is already self-employed, so he's fine with the tax thing, but I'm a full-time student and not earning anywhere near the tax threshold. Do I still have to register as self-employed because of the surveys? I'm getting that impression from the comments on the 'Paid Surveys' page of MSE about 'DON'T forget tax'?
  • Hallen
    Hallen Posts: 5 Forumite
    Huhhhh!!!! One hater is here as well.. Urghhh
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    sopranolmu wrote: »
    Hi folks

I'm literally on my very first day of signing up to some online survey sites. My dad has been doing it for a few weeks, and is recommending I try it just to get a little back in terms of vouchers etc.

Now, my Dad is already self-employed, so he's fine with the tax thing, but I'm a full-time student and not earning anywhere near the tax threshold. Do I still have to register as self-employed because of the surveys? I'm getting that impression from the comments on the 'Paid Surveys' page of MSE about 'DON'T forget tax'?

Yes, you should register as self-employed.

As you won't need to pay any tax it will be simple to do. Register as self-employed, keep a spreadsheet, in 1 years time (tax year started today) you will be declaring what you've earned (cash/vouchers/items received in kind) and then they'll tell you that you owe £0.

Whether you need to pay tax or not you should still declare it to the taxman as while they don't crack down much on this type of payment/work at the moment I'm sure it is only a matter of time - better safe than facing a hefty fine!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback