New plan...time to see some movement!

Comments

• I agree that cleaning is much easier when you've de-cluttered as it's so tiring to have to keep moving things out of the way. That's why my house it not as clean as I'd like but I want to de-clutter first to make the cleaning easier.

I hope all your items sell, you're amazing doing all that time consuming listing.

I hope you find another bed for Little Miss.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • wow...that's a massive cleaning/decluttering list and you have made a great start.:T It does give you a good feeling when you do stuff like that, doesn't it?:)
    DMP 2015 £57,549, now £36,112 (37% paid)
    EF £200 Mortgage OP's this year £115

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the End of Every Day!

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,828
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    I think decluttering something before you clean it is a great plan - always makes you more willing to get of more stuff just because you can't bring yourself to clean it and put it back and see it unused.

Are you better doing one room at a time or one job at a time? I find I'm better doing a job. So clean all the windows upstairs, dust all of upstairs, hoover all of upstairs. Rather than do one room start to finish.

Keep up all the amazing enthusiasm. You're doing amazingly xxx

Thank you :)

I do a bit of both. Things like hoovering I'll do everywhere. The same with the windows. Otherwise I'll do room by room.
    I agree that cleaning is much easier when you've de-cluttered as it's so tiring to have to keep moving things out of the way. That's why my house it not as clean as I'd like but I want to de-clutter first to make the cleaning easier.

I hope all your items sell, you're amazing doing all that time consuming listing.

I hope you find another bed for Little Miss.

Yes, ours is grubby too because of the stuff. As it's getting clearer it's showing more :eek:

Got the bed, only £12 :T
    wow...that's a massive cleaning/decluttering list and you have made a great start.:T It does give you a good feeling when you do stuff like that, doesn't it?:)

Thank you :) Yes, it's nice to see some stuff being achieved :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I haven't done an awful lot today. DH was working so me and the kids wandered around the car boot sale, went to the playpark and came home and made some cakes.

It was a bit messy so the kitchen floor got swept and mopped :T I made a start on doing the cupboard fronts with the steam cleaner. They've got wooden slats in them which are so grubby and have 50 years of muck ground in. The one I've done has come up quite well, I'm pleased :)

15 parcels also packed and ready to go tomorrow :T

I did 31 listings yesterday too :D
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Kitchen
    Declutter and clean worktop
    Declutter, clean and organise food cupboards
    Declutter, clean and organise pan cupboard
    Declutter, clean and organise cutlery drawer and pots
    [STRIKE]Undersink cupboard[/STRIKE]
    Clean cupboard doors
    Clean window
    Clean back door
    Wash down walls
    Clean out fridge
    Clean out washing machine
    [STRIKE]Clean cooker[/STRIKE]
    Clean microwave, kettle etc
    [STRIKE]Sweep and clean floors[/STRIKE]

Living room
    Tidy
    Clean sofas
    Dust
    De-cobweb
    Wash window
    Vacuum floor

Hall and landing
    Sort out shoes and coats
    Wipe down windows
    Wipe down front door
    Wash down stairs and banister
    Hoover
    [STRIKE]Clean cat bowls and area around them[/STRIKE]

Middle room/extension
    Clean windows and doors
    Hoover
    Tidy
    Dust
    De-cobweb

Bathroom
    [STRIKE]Clean[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wash down walls[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Ceiling[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Airing cupboard[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Window[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Floor[/STRIKE]

Bedroom
    Dust
    [STRIKE]Put away clothing[/STRIKE]
    De-cobweb
    [STRIKE]Clean windows[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Bleach and clean damp mark[/STRIKE]
    Vacuum

Kids bedroom
    [STRIKE]Put away clothing[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Tidy[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]De-cobweb[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clean windows[/STRIKE]
    Vacuum.
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I've been a busy bee this morning. Little miss is at nursery so we walked over instead of driving. Free exercise, better for the environment and better for my purse :D

Little jwil is happy doing his own thing (he likes to take advantage of little miss not being here and spread his lego all over the front room), so I've nearly finished upstairs. Finished cleaning the bathroom and floor and sorted out and cleaned out the airing cupboard. I've got a few bits to go as well :T I've managed to get a lot of the stuff we stored on the floor and the windowsill into the airing cupboard now so it should look much tidier and be easier to clean :T

I've had a scrub of the black mould mark with bleach but it hasn't completely shifted it, just lightened it. I might get some black mould remover.

I just need to dust and de-cobweb and hoover upstairs now.

While I was doing all that I had sprayed the oven with cleaner, so have now cleaned that out as well. I think that's going to need to be replaced soon as some of the back inside is starting to flake away. Hopefully it will last a bit longer!
  • AdventureWanted
    AdventureWanted Posts: 1,474
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Well done on getting all those jobs done. I've got loads I need to do, but me & the DC seem to be on a serious go slow today!x
    LBM Aug 2017.
    Debt at LBM - £30,055
    Debt at highest - £43,148.59
    Current debt - £18,880.00
    EF - £1,000.00

Challenges
    PAYDBX 2021 - #29 Pd £2,355 / £8,000 PAYDBX 2020 - Pd £6,459.00 | PAYDBX 2019 - Pd £16,945.60 | PAYDBX 2018 - Pd £15,010.60.
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Well done on getting all those jobs done. I've got loads I need to do, but me & the DC seem to be on a serious go slow today!x

Thank you :) I'm trying to get some done whilst I'm motivated :D
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Finished a book this afternoon, and put a couple more out as well.

I've not finished upstairs yet, but have done the window in the kitchen and made a start on cleaning the appliances. The kitchen window was filthy, it looks so much brighter now. I must get hunting for a new blind, the one there is so difficult to clean and is very old and yellowed anyway. I've got a £10 argos voucher so might see if they've got anything.

Going to try and do a few listings now.
  • Well done on your cleaning list. I took advantage of my son and daughter-in-law's visit on Monday. Two armchairs decluttered to the garage, one will be picked up on Saturday as a friend's OH is in need of a riser recliner chair. I'm keeping mine as my arthritis in my knees is getting worse. They also moved a bed so I can finish painting the room and took the rocking chair upstairs. Decluttered a spare chest of drawers, a plastic set of drawers and some towels.

Last week I had two new 2 seater settees delivered. Makes a huge difference to my sitting room. I'd got rid of the other furniture when Mr Retired was due to come out of hospital and had to turn it into his bedroom.

Enjoy the rest of your week off x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport