MSE guide discussion - MoneySavingExpert is not connected to Mighty Deals

Options
MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi all,

We've written a new guide on the fact that MoneySavingExpert is not connected to Mighty Deals or Money Expert.

If you'd like to feed back, just click 'reply' to post,

Thanks,

MSE Jenny

Comments

• torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    If anyone is stupid enough to think that this site is connected to the other site then putting a link in your guide will only cement that connection for them.
  • djlester_2
    djlester_2 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    So you are NOT linked to "Daily Deals" or "Money Expert"? I wish you could have made that clearer... :wink::tongue::rotfl:
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh dear, has someone had a falling out? :cool:

I wondered why Simply Switch (owned by MoneyExpert Limited) was no longer on the MSE list of energy comparison sites.

But I found them on the usual cashback sites instead :)

TopCashBack currently gives the better cashback deal using them, (more than the MSE Cheap Energy Club for either single or dual fuel switches) but they are on Quidco too.
  • asim2002
    asim2002 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I found the Mighty Deals sale on Shell Petrol Vouchers on the MoneySavingExpert website. i.e. on this website... they did not deliver my vouchers for more than 6 months and it was after some 25 emails that I had a response and my money back. I would not have known about or been involved with the Mighty Deals company if it was not for Martin Lewis's website.

So when you say you have nothing to do with him how is it that you advertised their deals on your site ?
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    asim2002 wrote: »
    I found the Mighty Deals sale on Shell Petrol Vouchers on the MoneySavingExpert website. i.e. on this website... they did not deliver my vouchers for more than 6 months and it was after some 25 emails that I had a response and my money back. I would not have known about or been involved with the Mighty Deals company if it was not for Martin Lewis's website.

So when you say you have nothing to do with him how is it that you advertised their deals on your site ?
    If anything, MSE Martin should have done his damnedest to avoid any association with Mighty Deals. Or any company that holds onto your money without actually delivering any goods. Attempting a disassociation now is is too little, too late.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • torbrex
    Options

I would never know about any deals in Tesco if it were not for this site but that doesn't mean that this site has anything to do with Tesco.
    I take each deal that I see on its own merits and thought that everyone did the same thing.
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    torbrex wrote: »
    I would never know about any deals in Tesco if it were not for this site but that doesn't mean that this site has anything to do with Tesco.
    I take each deal that I see on its own merits and thought that everyone did the same thing.

But what about when MSE gains revenue from these apparent non associations, as they did in this case? I would agree with V4M, they need to be more careful who they are happy to have as 'affiliates'.
  • torbrex
    Options
    tomtontom wrote: »
    But what about when MSE gains revenue from these apparent non associations, as they did in this case? I would agree with V4M, they need to be more careful who they are happy to have as 'affiliates'.
    They have a right to make money, how else would they be able to pay for the forum?

I go by my original statement on this thread, if people are that stupid then its their own fault.
  • MightyDeals_representative
    MightyDeals_representative Posts: 355 Organisation Representative
    Options

Hi Asim2002,

When we ran the Shell deal we had all the Drivers Club Cards. We sent these out ourselves. Once a customer registered with Shell, they then sent the £20 Fuel Voucher to all their Drivers Club Members themselves. This did go out later than we expected for some customers.

If any customer has a query about a purchase, or anything else with Mighty Deals please contact customerfeedback@mightydeals.co.uk, or go onto the website and create a ticket. We will respond within 48hrs.

Kind Regards,

Neil Campbell
    Director
    MightyDeals
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • saeera2011
    Options
    TWICE I have ordered products from this site which have not arrived! Customer Services extremely unhelpful.

Would NOT recommend this website to anyone!

MSE - please warn people about this website as the merchants are not reliable - take your money but don't deliver!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure