IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS Parking Fines - Now Court Papers arrive URGENT ADVISE PLEASE

Comments

• karenep
    karenep Posts: 26 Forumite
    I have contacted Mainstay who are the Landlords, who suggested I speak with Premier Estates and get them to speak to VCS to cancel out. Premier suggest as it has got to this stage, there is nothing they can do and that it will not have to go to court - is this correct, or is it possible they can do something?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    They might do something but yes, it is the experience here that landowner/management company complaints are best done as early as possible in the whole process to have the best chance of success.

Ideally they should go in before the initial approach to the PPC itself - by the time you get to the debt collector/court claim stage, they tend to be much less productive but you should not let that stop you.
  • karenep
    Ive completed the AOS online at the gateway and shall do a bit of homework now I guess.

I!!!8217;ve written to premier and mainstay but won!!!8217;t hold my breath. They have been far from productive with everything, including sending out revised permits when they are due. It!!!8217;s all about the money!!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,252
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Please switch off your 'Smart Punctuation' on your iPhone/iPad to avoid the littering of your posts with !!!!8217; and the like, as every apostrophe and some other punctuations convert to exclamation marks and numbers.

Go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Keyboard' > 'Smart Punctuation' and flick the switch off.

Switching off seems to have no detrimental affect on any other use of the keyboard.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Whoever hired the parking company can issue them instructions AT ANY TIME
    So instruct them to tell their agent to cease, especiallynif this is in violation of your lease / ast.
  • karenep
    This is very much appreciated, I have put my request in writing instructing them to act this out. I will update thread once I have heard back. Thank you.
  • karenep
    So I get a reply from Premier Property Services, the guys who employed VCS in the first place. Annoying as the car park holds 40 and there is always 30 spaces, most in the apatment block dont use a car!! Anyway for the two tickets I got on consecutive days, each of which was £60, this is the reply I got.

I guess what Im asking is should I just dam well pay?

Good morning

I can confirm that VCS have responded to advise that the parking charges can be cancelled, subject to a cancellation fee. I have copied their email for you below:

!!!8220;Further to the below request, as the Charge Notices (PCNs) were correctly issued due to parking without displaying a valid permit, we have agreed to cancel these Notices subject to a £60.00 reduced settlement charge per PCN.

I have amended the accounts accordingly and placed the accounts on hold for 2 weeks to enable the payments to be made. The payments can be made by the motorist by logging into the portal at....
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Have you completed your defence yet? You are fast running out of time.

I woudl point out that they were not correctly isued, as they are in violation of your lease / AST by harassing and interfering with your peaceful enjoyment.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,426
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Karenep, what is the date of issue on your Claim Form?

On 30 May you told us you had had the form for about ten days, so as Nosferatu1001 says, you must be getting close to the deadline for filing your Defence.
  • karenep
    I have now received paperwork from the Courts "notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track", It is now a defended claim and I have to either partake in mediation or complete the N180 form and presumably go to court to fight this. Has anyone had any results from mediation with VCS?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure