* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    I’m another one who’d like to lose a bit of weight. I only really need to shift half a stone but I keep putting it off - as long as I can still squeeze into my clothes I don’t seem to have the willpower to do anything. I’m hoping that once the better weather gets here it’ll inspire me.

Just back from a lovely girlie weekend with my two DDs and my sis doing the two Emmerdale tours (village and studios). I’m not a soap fan and haven’t watched Emmerdale since it was all filmed in the farm kitchen but i really enjoyed the tours. The village is purpose built on a big country estate and is idyllic (as long as you ignore all the plane crashes, kidnaps and other dastardly deeds that happen there) and the studio tour was really interesting even to a non soapie like me. Sis and DD2 are major Emmerdale fans so we’re beside themselves with excitement. DD2 even coped with having her illusions shattered about upstairs filming not actually being done upstairs:D.

VULPIX hope mil is doing ok and things generally are getting less stressful.

JAKESMUM glad the MRI was ok and CLUMSY hope yours is nowhere near as bad as you think. Sometimes a little knowledge really is a dangerous thing and Google certainly doesn’t help. I tend not to look things up until afterwards because I’m def a wuss.

FREE hope the lamb was as delicious as it sounded and that everything is fine with you and yours.

GYD the rats nest sounds horrendous, good job you weren’t tackling the job yourselves. I think your Christmas this year will be amazing, content in your lovely home and you’ll be able to look back and be really proud of where you’ve got to.

Hope everyone is ok and keeping everything crossed for some lovely sunshine very soon.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hiya,soooooo nice to see people posting on the forum. I really miss the camaraderie when its very quiet.

GYD,I am so glad that your move has turned out to be so positive.At last you can take your time to relax and tweak the house and garden into your dream home.It must feel great to think that you are almost there with it all.

Clumsy.I am another who avoids Dr google.Years ago when I was first married someone gave us a massive medical dictionary. I was pregnant and had pre eclampsia. I looked it up,it said high blood pressure,fits,death! I walked straight outside and chucked it in the bin...and i didnt die haha. Seriously though good luck with your scan,we will all be rooting for you. lovely to hear you will be an Auntie again soon.

Great result whilst having your scan jakes Mum,it sounds like they are on the way to sorting you ,one way or another.Do come back and let us know how you are.

Peppa,hope the weather was ok for you up North on your trip.We have an Emmerdale signed cricket bat in our kitchen at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been there a week ,I just don't know what to do with it. It has a beautiful stand and everything. Mr V has been into his old work to collect stuff he forgot and one of the things is the cricket bat. perhaps I will suggest he gives it to the local hospice fundraisers to auction or something.I havent watched Emmerdale since Annie Sugden used to stand at the table and cut bread.Some of the cast live local and the cricket bat was from a charity match of Emmerdale v's Mr V's work. No clue as to why it belongs to Mr V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I am going into my old work as a volunteer,just to do crafts and story time.Will be interesting to see if i still have the magic lol.

Diet is going well.Even with a 70th Birthday party.The trick is to send someone else to the buffet for me.They just bring what I asked for!

MIL just the same.We would like to go away on holiday but had better not at the moment as she is quite frail and poorly. She will accept no help though.

Isn't it nice to have some better weather. sunshine makes such a difference.

Love to all Vx
     :
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Good Morning All,

Hope you all had a lovely Easter. The sun is shining today and we have even got the back door open. Spring looks like it has definately sprung today. Im going to hang some washing out. Got my MRI soon and I cannot wait for the results, been off nearly 5 months now and I am missing the kids.
    Nothing Christmassy done here, house is still up for sale. We are just so busy with life at the moment that time is flying by. Got DDs birthday next month so im trying to organise her sleepover. Just ordered us all new beds as the kids have had theirs a while and mine and hubbys is just not supportive enough for my back. Hubby is away next week so he will put the beds up next saturday when he gets home. Excited!
    Big hugs to everybody xxx
  • Afternoon all, hope all going well and those who are having hospital/doctor appointments are coming through things ok.

Nothing much happening Christmas wise, tried to place an order with Studio, computer says no. Phoned them up, to be told my account is on stop! Asked why and was told that as there had been a problem with an order in November, they put my account on stop. The problem was their system is so carp, that an order went through even though the system told me hadn't, so I re-placed the order, but for both to go through and they decided the solution was to put my account on stop but send & charge for both:mad: Still not been taken off stop, so I think they have lost me as a customer.

Went to Krakow for long week-end, it was cold! Highs of -6 but then factor in wind chill -22:eek: End of each day was going down to the pool, followed by sauna, bliss. Was good weekend though :D

Getting nowhere on weight loss, have completely plateaued, can't even flaming gain:mad: While I am maintaining is good, I had hoped that going away I would gain and kickstart my metabolism, no, nada, nowt, zilch movement. I have been the same weight for 2 months now, would be great if I was at target, but more to go:(
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • tin_can
    tin_can Posts: 196 Forumite
    hi all not be on for a long time,because I was locked out of my a count could get back in hope your one well or getting along with yours lives best wishes to everyone tin can
    family mean more to me than money it's call a life
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Finally got the greenhouses cleaned, tidied and fumed, ready for seedlings to be moved in. amazing how much space they take up in the house. Raining today so will maybe do some house stuff. (or not) Lady l helped with her PIP forms rang to say she'd had a letter telling her they had adjourned her appeal, as the tribunal asked for more info from her doctor. That is good news, as the GP is disgusted with the way she has been treated, and his previous letter ignored by DWP. l crocheted myself a pair of little slippers at the weekend, fave cous promptly snaffled them and asked me to do another 3 pairs for her to give as presents. Does that count as Christmassy?.
    DGS, DD and co. had a great holiday, despite the ground being a bog, and want to go again next year.
    I have decided to replace the leaky conservatory roof with a proper tiled one, so that is this years major project and expense, all else will have to be put on hold. But l am sick of having to put buckets out to catch the water when it rains. Nev-the-shred knows a man who can, took me to see one he had done, it looks good. Dear me, it is nearly half past 9 and l am still in bed, best get up and decide on how to best use today.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,086 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sorry been AWOL again dealing with everything relating to DDs accident has been a nightmare , the insurance is settling everything in the next few days so hopefully we can start to move forward sooner rather than later .

We are going to visit my sister in Scotland in a couple of weeks to meet my beautiful new great neice , Has anyone been to the Kelpies ? we have one day of the trip with nothing planned so fancy seeing them .

Christmas wise only buying for DDs lucky dip advent at the moment .
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    glad things are progressing with regard to DD's accident, and how lovely to be going to see your new DGN . l have never seen the kelpies so am of no use to you there. ln fact, when l first read your question l thought it was a geographical area (like the New Forest, or the Pharoes) shows how dim my bulb is!!
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    We went to see the Kelpies last year.I enjoyed it.We were also lucky that it was a nice day.
     :
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Evening everyone, I have done it again 12 days since I last came on, I just don't know where the time is going, it just seems to fly. I also haven't really had anything to say that is very interesting to anyone :rotfl: I have got my first mammogram coming up at the end of the month, which I am panicking slightly about. DS left his job today so he is happy, he has a week before starting the new one. I managed to do a bit of baking this week as my fibro hasn't been too bad, but like others are feeling the same, I too am feeling sluggish and so so fat! I have £20 leftover from this months food budget and cant make my mind up whether to put it in my Christmas pot or towards DS and DD2s birthday money, as I have both on the same day its quite a steep month. I hope everyone is well x

VULPIX sorry RL is problematic at the moment I hope it levels itself out pretty quickly. That is a lovely idea of auctioning the cricket bat for charity. I hope you enjoyed your day helping out at the school. I too am an emotional eater but it seems to be every emotion! My last family birthdays are in May too, until Thumper in October so I usually use this time to put money in the Christmas pot

PEPPAPIG I'm so glad you enjoyed the Emmerdale tours and had a lovely weekend. How is DH doing? Yes the lamb was delicious thankyou.

GYD omg that has made me feel sick about the r*t lair (I cant even spell it ewww) I imagine we have loads under sheds and workshops in our garden too.

CLUMSY congratulations on becoming an aunty again

JAKESMUM I'm glad the MRI went smoothly for you

NIC I miss doing easter egg hunts with my kids, this time my DD1 did a treasure hunt for me on Easter Sunday, I had clues around the house then the last one said it was in the oven, I opened it and gasped it was a Pandora box, I was gushing saying you really shouldn't its only easter, opened it and inside was a mini egg :rotfl: (it was April Fools) omg we were in hysterics, then she had taped up with brown parcel tape all of DS easter eggs :rotfl:

04624181 oh my lovely I'm so sorry you are still suffering with your back, I hope you get some news soon

GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY I never touch Studio anymore since I got someone elses order but with my address. Their customer service is awful. My DD2 is going to Krakow soon, with a polish girl she works with, she is really looking forward to it. Sorry about the weight loss plateauing it must be so annoying when you are being good.

TINCAN hello glad you got back on

MRSINVISIBLE ooh I would love to replace my conservatory roof with a tiled one, mine leaks too I have to have a tarpaulin over it......very classy!

CHRISSY glad the insurance is nearly sorted regarding DDs accident, I hope she is much better now

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure