*Official* Primark Bargains! - What have you found? *Official*

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    jem1980 wrote: »
    I bought the black bird-print sleeveless shirt-style dress and it fits really well, and the fabric is silky and lovely to wear - great for £9! Only quibble is that buttons are hard to fasten/unfasten and a bit cheap looking but apart from that it's fab (and bird print is in fashion for autumn so can layer it then too!) It came in cream too which was really pretty.

Could you perhaps change the buttons (a la Gok styleee :D) to ones you prefer? Given the cost of the dress (and sounds like you're planning to wear it lots) could be worth a thought?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• jem1980
    jem1980 Posts: 191 Forumite
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Could you perhaps change the buttons (a la Gok styleee :D) to ones you prefer? Given the cost of the dress (and sounds like you're planning to wear it lots) could be worth a thought?

Yep that's an idea - they are quite shiny fake diamondy style ones but since I'm using it as daywear it might be nice with normal black buttons. Thanks!

(if anyone wants to see the bird-print dress there are pics on ebay if you put Primark bird dress into the search. They are £9 instore - bought mine from Metro Centre last week right by the door. Comes in black and cream.)
    June GC 21st May - 20th June (£78/£200)
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    kerri_gt wrote: »

I love this idea!
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • Right here goes:
    Primark store in The Cornmill Centre, Darlington -

Reduced to half price PJ's rail, near the underwear section:
    I got a set of Mr Men 'little Miss Giggles' Shorts & Vest set down from £11 to £5,
    Lovely long 'cupcake' PJ bottoms down to £2
    2 sets of cute 'Do no disturb - I'm sleeping!' PJ short & T sets down to £2 each. 1 for me, 1 for teenage step daughter.
    2 Pairs of lovely soft cotton checked PJ bottoms £2 each &
    a lovely slinky raspberry coloured slip/nightie for the man in my life! £2 ;)
  • Haffiana
    Haffiana Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    LouiseTopp wrote: »
    I have bought some pyjama's in Primark which have been OK. I wouldn't get the bra's, because the wiring get's in the way (for obvious reasons)

:money:
    I don't understand this (and I don't mean the multiple murdered apostrophes). What does the wiring get in the way of, and what are the obvious reasons? Do you mean that they are bad bras?
  • kerri_gt
    Sunshine79 wrote: »
    Right here goes:
    Primark store in The Cornmill Centre, Darlington -

2 sets of cute 'Do no disturb - I'm sleeping!' PJ short & T sets down to £2 each. 1 for me, 1 for teenage step daughter.

Were they the ones with the purple top with silver writing (say 'Shhhhh...i'm sleeping') and blue/purple/white checked shorts? If they were, I got those for Xmas (picked by me, wrapped by 'Santa' ;)) Can't remember how much they were - think it was £4 originally? I didn't realise they were shorts until I got home, but I loved the top - so also managed to get some checked bottoms from Gap also from Santa after the bargain ones in Primark...:D

Btw, top has washed well, and is really comfy to sleep in :j
    JAN NSD 11/16

• squibbs25
    squibbs25 Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm not sure if this has already been posted but if anyone's interested:

The lemon dress is now available instore in Eastbourne in both black (arrived last week) and now white (noticed it instore yesterday).
    My beloved dog Molly
    27/05/1997-01/04/2008
    RIP my wonderful stepdad - miss you loads
    :Axxxxxxxxx:A
    our new editions
    Senna :male: and Dali :female: both JRT
  • kerri_gt wrote: »
    Were they the ones with the purple top with silver writing (say 'Shhhhh...i'm sleeping') and blue/purple/white checked shorts? If they were, I got those for Xmas (picked by me, wrapped by 'Santa' ;)) Can't remember how much they were - think it was £4 originally? I didn't realise they were shorts until I got home, but I loved the top - so also managed to get some checked bottoms from Gap also from Santa after the bargain ones in Primark...:D

Btw, top has washed well, and is really comfy to sleep in :j

Yes, that's the one! The t-shirt is really comfy to sleep in. Wore it last night with the long checked PJ bottoms (bought seperately) - they ar SO comfy! Really soft :)
    I'm hoping to get back through to Darlington this weekend. Gonna stock up on some more - if there's any left - fingers crossed!
  • kerri_gt
    Sunshine79 wrote: »
    Yes, that's the one! The t-shirt is really comfy to sleep in. Wore it last night with the long checked PJ bottoms (bought seperately) - they ar SO comfy! Really soft :)
    I'm hoping to get back through to Darlington this weekend. Gonna stock up on some more - if there's any left - fingers crossed!

Ohhh, I'm v.tempted to check at the weekend and see if they have any near me ... despite the fact I got 2 pairs of pjs for xmas, plus did some additional pj shopping in the sales to replace my old ones - which was supposed to be me sorted for the year :o
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Emmarillo
    Emmarillo Posts: 513 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jade*ben wrote: »

Best bargain Opia charm bracelet £1 very similar to Links style, there are loads of different charms to buy aswell for £1 each quite collectable.

My twelve year old daughter would LOVE one of these. Has anyone got a picture as I can't get to Primark at the moment - my husband has one near where he works, but needs VERY specific instructions :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure