* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

1818283848587»

Comments

• We’ve had a much needed quiet day at home today, the first day we’ve not had to go anywhere over Christmas. Yesterday we had a second Christmas with DH’s family which was intense but fun, and we came home with another car load full! Just trying to slowly put things away and I’m going to carry on my decluttering in the new year. DH and I have still got a lingering cold, I’m hoping it clears up as the boys are still full of energy.

I’ve bought a few bits online in the sales at Boots and Peacocks. As others have said I’m a lot more careful these days about what I buy and I’ll only buy it if I’m sure it will be suitable. When I went shopping with my friend she was saying how her mum stopped doing her a stocking when her sister had children and she misses it so I’m going to make her one next Christmas.

Beshki I miss the present buying too, I know presents aren’t the main part of Christmas but it’s a bit I really enjoy. I bought my brother a car emergency kit in case he ever breaks down, I actually apologised before he opened it as it’s a bit of a boring present but he loved it!

Redrobin I’ll just be on the sofa with DH with a glass of prosecco New Year’s Eve. I haven’t seen the new year in since 2012 due to being pregnant and ill, having newborns, children with chicken pox etc etc! I said to DH the other day that I’m going to stay up this year but he says he’s not, so I might not sit up on my own! Last year we had invited our friends and children over for a get-together in the afternoon on NYE but Wiggle got chicken pox, and this year as we’ve been away for Christmas I don’t feel like I’ve got the energy! I’m sure when the children are older we’ll do something more exciting again.

Peppa we really enjoyed Gavin & Stacey, we didn’t feel it let us down at all. I had read before watching it that it ended on a cliffhanger but I never imagined it would be that! And yes I’m also glad they didn’t reveal anything about the fishing trip! My DH was like you and felt like it had only been on 5 minutes when it ended! :p What’s nice is I think it’s definitely got legs to make another, fingers crossed.

nic yes definitely give it some time in the new year to see if it was just Christmas chaos putting you off, fingers crossed it will all feel better in time.
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Getting in early-
    I hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy New Year, full of lots of love, laughter, happiness, and success xxx
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • I'm also popping on to say Happy New Year! I hope 2020 is full or good health and happiness for all of you and your families. xx
  • Oh I forgot to mention that I finally finished the cross stitch for my auntie that I actually started before Christmas last year! I gave it to her this year and she loved it. Here's a picture before ironing whilst testing it in the frame:

Christmas-cat-cross-stitch.jpg
  • Happy New Year to everyone on this board!

Hope you all have a good night, whatever you're doing (we stay in).
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Happy New Year everyone, I hope 2020 is a good one for us all. :beer:

Well done on the cross stitch PRINCESSKITTY it looks really good.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Happy new year everyone!
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 31 December 2019 at 7:56PM
    New thread for 2020 can be found here - Step into Christmas & 2020
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family