After the Work Programme

Comments

• Daedalus
    Daedalus Posts: 4,253 Forumite
    krok wrote: »
    Im sorry Busy Mom but it is illegal for any Employer to give infomation out on a application without that persons permission.
    That is what the data protection act is all about.

You should know this as an adviser.

That is not what the DPA is about.
  • krok
    krok Posts: 358 Forumite
    edited 28 July 2013 at 5:46PM
    Daedalus wrote: »
    That is not what the DPA is about.

The law is the law. That is why all advisers have to get permission to contact and ask for information about any applicant.

That is why when you first apply for Jobseekers you have to tick a little box giving the job centre permission to contact your last employer.
  • Daedalus
    Daedalus Posts: 4,253 Forumite
    The law is the law. That is why all advisers have to get permission to contact and ask for information about any applicant.

That is why when you first apply for Jobseekers you have to tick a little box giving the job centre permission to contact your last employer.

The law is the law, however most people, including business and Government departments, don't know the law and for the most part err far on the side of caution.
  • busy_mom_2
    busy_mom_2 Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Im sorry Busy Mom but it is illegal for any Employer to give infomation out on a application without that persons permission.
    That is what the data protection act is all about.

You should know this as an adviser.

On the back of a jobseekers agreement there is a box to tick for this, allowing JCP to contact employers for feedback, in my district it is also standard to ask customers to sign an additional consent to share information to support them into work. Limited information is shared ie Mr Small from Smallvill, sent C.V. for said job betwen ...date and ...date.

If vacancies are signed to UJ then this consent is also signed by the employer.
  • Morlock
    Morlock Posts: 3,265 Forumite
    busy_mom wrote: »
    On the back of a jobseekers agreement there is a box to tick for this, allowing JCP to contact employers for feedback, in my district it is also standard to ask customers to sign an additional consent to share information to support them into work. Limited information is shared ie Mr Small from Smallvill, sent C.V. for said job betwen ...date and ...date.

If vacancies are signed to UJ then this consent is also signed by the employer.

You have repeatedly stated that employers who advertise on UJM automatically consent to sharing information about third-party applications with the DWP. This is not the case, in order to disclose information about a third-party, an employer would need that third-party's permission.

Please stop pedalling the myth that because an employer advertises on UJM, they must share any applicants' details with the DWP. Here are the terms and conditions for employers registering with UJM: http://jobvacancies.businesslink.gov.uk/terms/dwpterms.aspx?

Please highlight where it states the DPA does not apply to employers advertising on UJM, and that information about applicants must be shared with the DWP upon request.
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Morlock wrote: »
    You have repeatedly stated that employers who advertise on UJM automatically consent to sharing information about third-party applications with the DWP. This is not the case, in order to disclose information about a third-party, an employer would need that third-party's permission.

Please stop pedalling the myth that because an employer advertises on UJM, they must share any applicants' details with the DWP. Here are the terms and conditions for employers registering with UJM: http://jobvacancies.businesslink.gov.uk/terms/dwpterms.aspx?

Please highlight where it states the DPA does not apply to employers advertising on UJM, and that information about applicants must be shared with the DWP upon request.
    A lot of the adverts on the UJM are not even by the employer or original advertiser.

for example. - I see at least 90% of my job search from CV Library so you click that link and its an agency advertising on CVL but then CVL have put an advert on UJM. I guess the advertiser has no idea this is happening.

Or another site called Strike Jobs
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • AP007
    But anyway getting back to the thread I have had no exit interview and have no idea at all what the WP wrote about me other than the lies saying I missed 8 appointments!

I am expecting a call from the JC on Wednesday so will ask her again for a copy but this wont tell me the date I was supposed to have missed and the WP wont tell me.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    AP007 wrote: »
    A lot of the adverts on the UJM are not even by the employer or original advertiser.

for example. - I see at least 90% of my job search from CV Library so you click that link and its an agency advertising on CVL but then CVL have put an advert on UJM. I guess the advertiser has no idea this is happening.

Yes Im seeing alot of ads for jobs from agencies rather than employers and have also seen alot of jobs with links for the CV Library job site.
  • AP007
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Yes Im seeing alot of ads for jobs from agencies rather than employers and have also seen alot of jobs with links for the CV Library job site.
    Agencies can advertise as its the same as putting an advert on Jobsite say but someone who advertises on CVL then without knowing CVL and adding them all on UJM its a 3rd party advert.

I have told the JC this and they had no idea about it!!
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    didnt know this thread existed. so i've just copied from the wp thread what i posted there.
    had first post wp appointment today. was seen 15 minutes late. they put a load of extra requirements on the jsa agreement. they added them up to 37 per week but i have looked at it at home and they missed another 4 so its 41 per week. this doesnt include any jobs i find to apply for either. they dont stipulate how many jobs i must apply for except in the part where they say a minimum of 3 specs must be done per week.
    i must write to 3 employers per week.
    phone at least 4 employers per week.
    check ujm 7 times per week.
    ask family.
    look in papers.
    visit 3 sites everyday.
    contact 4 agencies per week.

they seemed friendly enough and i was told not to expect my next appointment until september.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure