Utility Warehouse (Telecom Plus) Discussion

Comments

• dude89
    dude89 Posts: 191 Forumite
    Cardew wrote: »
    That is by knowing you have to 'mix and match' those two particular tariffs - UW low electricity/standard gas.

If you 'mix and match' tariffs and enter Ebico for gas and NPower GoSave for electricity you get £478 against the £487.17 for UW.

However those are for 'present tariffs'.

There are millions of combinations if you mix and match tariffs, the comparison websites cannot cope and the algorithm is not written to cope with 'mix and matching'.

And also to be fair they are including the £21 discount for paying by DD which would mean the UW charge would be £466 assuming you pay that way.

Though I don't like UW and their complicated pricing structure and their dubious tactics (cheapest price guarantee - when you do a,b and c etc) I have to admit that in these circumstances they are the cheapest.
  • dude89
    dude89 Posts: 191 Forumite

Edit.
    How would you find out if, say, a Eon tariff and a NPower tariff wouldn't be the cheapest combination?

Of course this is just showing currently available tariffs.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    dude89 wrote: »
    And also to be fair they are including the £21 discount for paying by DD which would mean the UW charge would be £466 assuming you pay that way.

Though I don't like UW and their complicated pricing structure and their dubious tactics (cheapest price guarantee - when you do a,b and c etc) I have to admit that in these circumstances they are the cheapest.

Agreed about the £21 discount, but energyhelpline don't include that discount.

I have just amended my previous post and added
    How would you find out if, say, a Eon tariff and a NPower tariff wouldn't be the cheapest combination?

By 'mixing and matching' two different UW tariffs you can get a figure of £487.17, but you are assuming it is cheapest for that consumption by comparing that sum with a comparison website that is only looking at dual-fuel tariffs.

As posed above, how do you know that there are not cheaper combinations if the computer were able to mix and match tariffs from all the different companies? - I have shown that the Ebico/Npower combination is cheaper than UW - there could be many other combinations.
  • MillicentBystander
    MillicentBystander Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2013 at 10:18PM
    That is by knowing you have to 'mix and match' those two particular tariffs - UW low electricity/standard gas.

If you 'mix and match' tariffs and enter Ebico for gas and NPower GoSave for electricity you get £478 against the £487.17 for UW.

However those are for 'present tariffs'.

There are millions of combinations if you mix and match tariffs, the comparison websites cannot cope and the algorithm is not written to cope with 'mix and matching'.

Edit.

My God, give it up man, you are seriously embarrassing yourself now! The best combination is AUTOMATICALLY calculated when you put your usage in the UW calculation page, have you tried it yet? I mentioned this fact several posts ago but you are as usual pretending any info from me that doesn't suit your rabidly anti-UW agenda doesn't exist.

And we have ALREADY ESTABLISHED that the UW best price on the 6510/1011 usage is FOUR HUNDRED AND SIXTY SIX POUNDS - THE CHEAPEST IN THE MARKET. Your delusion has already been pointed out by another poster (and a self-confessed non UW hugger) so it's not just me that sees your agenda-driven sillyness.

PS It's very very simple to see if there is a currently available combination that is cheaper by simply selecting GAS ONLY and ELECTRIC ONLY on the switching site and take it from there. It really is an unedifying spectacle to witness you making desperate claims to cover up your faux pas.
  • Cardew wrote: »
    Agreed about the £21 discount, but energyhelpline don't include that discount.

I have just amended my previous post and added

By 'mixing and matching' two different UW tariffs you can get a figure of £487.17, but you are assuming it is cheapest for that consumption by comparing that sum with a comparison website that is only looking at dual-fuel tariffs.

As posed above, how do you know that there are not cheaper combinations if the computer were able to mix and match tariffs from all the different companies? - I have shown that the Ebico/Npower combination is cheaper than UW - there could be many other combinations.

No you haven't and no there aren't. And you have the gall to accuse me of diversionary tactics. It has already been established by another (non agenda driven) poster that UW is THE CHEAPEST ON THE MARKET for this usage. I know it, you know it and dude89 knows it so why can't you just ADMIT IT?
  • hi i would appreciate any help please :)

i have a business and just signed a lease in a shop who currently use utility warehouse and the lady came by and said someone would ring to sort the situation out and change the name to mine.

i had a phone call few days ago from them saying the lady had passed on my details and they had the right name told them to contact me and that im on the emergency tarrif and went through the contract and signed me up.

since then i have had about 2000 phone calls harrasing me saying the detaisl the guy gave me are wrong and i need to do it again to they can see im not set up and they ahve even started calling me from local landline numbers which are actually call centres in yorkshire.

how do i get them to stop this harrasing nature as surely this is not legal? also they are lying to me and now im not even sure the first guy was real so iv blocked my bank from allowing any new direct debuts.

they knew everything about me and my business which i only told the women so they have obviously shared my details so how do i stop this from hapening to anyone els?

iv rang my provider sky and they said there is nothing they can do apart from block the numbers but they keep ringign off different numbers including local ones. i rang the police 101 not emergency and they said its not illegal.

please help as im getting harrased with phone calls and im trying to run my business and cant with them blocking up my phone as they keep leaving messages also. im not sure if i been charged yet but i probably have!

help help help!
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 22 January 2013 at 12:02PM
    Utility Warehouse only have one call centre and its based in North London.

Are you sure its them giving you a hard time ?

They have their own dedicated thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2473547&highlight=utility+warehouse
    the only place your suppose to discuss them.
  • Ypaymore wrote: »
    Utility Warehouse only have one call centre and its in London.

They have their own dedicated thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2473547&highlight=utility+warehouse

i appreciate your feedback but i did not know they had something on here. :) thank you.

im more worries about the harrassing phone calls so if anyone has any advioce on how to stop them i would be very greatfull
  • Ypaymore wrote: »
    Utility Warehouse only have one call centre and its based in North London.

Are you sure its them giving you a hard time ?

just realised you chnaged your post do you work for them?. i dont know who it is but they said it was them and they said the ladies name who seen me at the shop and they know everything about my business. if its not them then i dont have a clue how they foudn about about my brand new business which iv told no one about!
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    What number are they calling from?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills