Halifax reward account online now, and the old accounts....

Halifax had updated their page, they phrased out current account and high interest account.

I've also just checked my online banking, it's still high interest, but they disabled the ability to apply overdraft online due to the special product I am using.

Update: it seems the online overdraft facility had just come back

Comments

• Calchas
    Calchas Posts: 405 Forumite
    I am pleased to report the account is painless to open online!
  • Calchas wrote: »
    I am pleased to report the account is painless to open online!

Instant decisions?
    Some say he is a racist, others say he is a liar but the truth will always prevail...

Milford has left the house & aint coming back!
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Disappointed you can't apply online to change from normal current to reward :(
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Phone up. They are there 24/7.

Edit: second thoughts, they call you http://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/callback.asp
  • SparciaM
    SparciaM Posts: 586 Forumite
    Can you use the account to pay in £1000 and then transfer the funds out, just to get the £5? Or would you need to use the account with bills and such
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    rb10 wrote: »
    Phone up. They are there 24/7.

Edit: second thoughts, they call you http://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/callback.asp
    I always fail security as I forgot my magical pin i don't think I ever set up (had the acct. since I was 14)

So I have to go to the branch anyway
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Another curious change they've made overnight is how bank credits into the account, and BACS/FP payments out of the account show.

They now say 'Cash J BLOGGS' if it was to/from J Bloggs' account. Seems rather odd and confusing...

Well, just remember 'Cash' DOES NOT mean 'Cash'.
  • SparciaM wrote: »
    Can you use the account to pay in £1000 and then transfer the funds out, just to get the £5? Or would you need to use the account with bills and such

Yes, you can.
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I have the High Interest Current Account with Halifax, does this mean that it will be changed soon?
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • PROLIANT wrote: »
    I have the High Interest Current Account with Halifax, does this mean that it will be changed soon?

Don't think so, I know the money back is changing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure