PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Prepping Thread - A Newer Beginning ;)

Comments

• GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    If it got that bad, I doubt many man hours would be assigned to chasing overdue rent.
    :p Police would spend precisely nil hours chasing overdue rent, as they do now. My point was, if the courts aren't working, no landlord can get a legal possession order or a warrant of eviction.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • GreyQueen wrote: »
    :p Police would spend precisely nil hours chasing overdue rent, as they do now.

I wasn't referring to the police.

I'm pretty sure the Clowncils will have far more important matters to concern themselves with, than overdue rent.

That's always assuming the Clowcils were operating
  • My waterproof storage capsule has arrived.
    61hlpxhiuzL._UL1500_.jpg
    I'll be able to fit in more than just a micro-SD card, because it's larger than it looks in the pictures.

Internal dimensions are:-
    Length - 42mm
    Diameter - 15mm.
  • GreyQueen
    Don't be such an arris, BB, you know fine well I work for a council.

If we clowns don't do our stuff, the built environment is soon going to be hip-deep in household waste and discarded furniture and appliances, strewn with litter, dog poo and discarded hyperdermic needles. Which will be kind of hard to see when the streetlights go out. Oh, and any durdy beggar with a penchant for selling foodstuffs from a filthy wagon or grotty caff can get on with it, and you can enjoy the food poisoning that inevitably results. You might die, or just hit the toilet from both ends for days and days..... _pale_

If you dislike clowncils that much, I'm sure you can emigrate to some underdeveloped corner of the world and live happily among unmetalled roads, burning your own trash to keep warm and taking potshots at vermin with a catapult.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    The expected SHTF situation is now a reality. Got our 'At Risk' notifications today (which is pretty pointless, as it's blatantly obvious they've already made their minds up and won't be changing them).

Started the evening notifying Himself (and fully expecting another fit of the vapours soon enough, as I apparently don't need to tell him I can't sort this one by myself :cool:).

Oh well, guess I'll be stockpiling beans and stuff in preparation for the inevitable screwups that will come our way [strike]especially once he has yet another meltdown at the prospect of not being able to continue relying upon me to sort everything out all the time[/strike].

Meh.

Why didn't I stockpile some gin when it was 20% off? Idiot.

I need one [strike]several[/strike] tonight.

Jo-Jo

I’m so sorry to hear your news. I will keep my fingers crossed that you will find your wonder job, just over the horizon when the dust from this one has settled.

- Pip (both DH and I have walked the redundancy path in the last couple of years and it sucks.)
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons,
  • Wow, you're awfully touchy tonight GQ. :)
  • GreyQueen
    edited 26 January 2019 at 10:34PM
    You p me off regularly, I just feel like rising to it this time. And I work one month each year to pay my flipping council tax and can see how much of it is wasted because of selfish, inconsiderate behaviour.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
  • GreyQueen wrote: »
    You p me off regularly, I just feel like rising to it this time.

I didn't know that, but now that I do, I shan't bother with this thread again.

Bye everyone. :)
  • wondercollie
    wondercollie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well, that was an unexpected flounce!
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I love this thread you all cheer me up. Just back from hospital and got a few new toys to play with. woke on Wednesday and couldn't breathe quick trip in an ambulance and 3 days in hospital. Clot from left leg moved to lungs so that is nearly sorted with lots of pills. But as i have a really really sore back they added an extra scan xray blood tests mris etc and i have 4 broken bon es in my back. New toys are a loo seat and handlesthing to help me up a shower seat and wait for it a walking stick. The occupanional therapist or one of the other girls i spent ages asking questions asked how i shopped. Will imanage .asda on?ine and amazon says me butyou ha ven't seen my store cupboards. When she asked if i had a micrwave and how i did my cleaning i knew what was coming and on so not ready for meals on wheels and i have mked my house so everything is easy to keepclean a d neat.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure