Mobiles.co.uk iPhone XR

ccdorset
ccdorset Posts: 295 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
Hi,

I am currently on a SIM only plan with Vodafone, but would like to upgrade to an iPhone XR 64GB.

I've done a bit of research and it looks like Mobiles.co.uk is the cheapest if I move to O2.

£220 upfront, £30 a month, £35 cashback via Quidco - Total cost £905 over the 24 months.

Has anyone had any experience of using them? I have always gone direct to network before, so am a bit nervous about using a third party.

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    ccdorset wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently on a SIM only plan with Vodafone, but would like to upgrade to an iPhone XR 64GB.

I've done a bit of research and it looks like Mobiles.co.uk is the cheapest if I move to O2.

£220 upfront, £30 a month, £35 cashback via Quidco - Total cost £905 over the 24 months.

Has anyone had any experience of using them? I have always gone direct to network before, so am a bit nervous about using a third party.

I got my XR from them, they’re part of CPW so pretty reliable. I have absolutely no complaints about their service.

They use DPD for their deliveries which is another plus.
    ====
  • ccdorset
    d123 wrote: »
    I got my XR from them, they’re part of CPW so pretty reliable. I have absolutely no complaints about their service.

They use DPD for their deliveries which is another plus.

Thanks for the info, that is good to hear! So after the 24 month contract, would I be free to contact O2 direct to upgrade or would I have to go through Mobiles.co.uk again?
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    The former. However, both tcb and Quidco can't be trusted to pay up and CPW certainly can't.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    ccdorset wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, that is good to hear! So after the 24 month contract, would I be free to contact O2 direct to upgrade or would I have to go through Mobiles.co.uk again?

Mobiles.co.uk is just the retailer, your contract is with o2, just the same as if you’d bought the phone in an o2 shop. You can go with whoever you want in the future.
    ====
  • ccdorset
    Thanks for your replies. Think I'm going to give them a go.

As far as I can see on the Mobiles.co.uk website, this particular deal doesn't involve cashback from them. Would just be the £35 from Quidco, so it's not major if they don't pay out.
  • I've used these twice and never had a problem :)
    The £1,000 emergency fund challenge #163 - £536.16/£1000
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    I've used these twice and never had a problem :)

Lucky you. Most of the worst companies have some casual users who would say the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure