When does my billing date start

burtons
burtons Posts: 724
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Forumite
I signed up to 3 mobile through uswitch on the 7/7/2019 for the £10 a month deal but when does the billing date start from as £11.98 will be taken from my account on the 02/08/2019.

Three Advanced SIM 8GB Data Unlimited Minutes - 12 month
08 July to 13 July 2019 £1.97.

14 July to 13 August 2019 £10.00.

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 16 July 2019 at 8:21AM
    Ask the network. The first bill will be soon and likely be higher as it will include the first part-month. Also check the default sim lock, change it and lock the sim before you do anything else. Check the connection date so you know when to give notice to end the contract (or obtain and use a PAC). You may also want to check any voicemail charges etc. It may be too late now, but ensure you don't exceed the pro-rata bundle for the period connection to first bundle date. All should be standard for everyone at the start of each new contract and is the first thing I do as soon as I receive a new sim.
  • burtons
    Forumite
    Ask the network. The first bill will be soon and likely be higher as it will include the first part-month. Also check the default sim lock, change it and lock the sim before you do anything else. Check the connection date so you know when to give notice to end the contract (or obtain and use a PAC). You may also want to check any voicemail charges etc. It may be too late now, but ensure you don't exceed the pro-rata bundle for the period connection to first bundle date. All should be standard for everyone at the start of each new contract and is the first thing I do as soon as I receive a new sim.
    Why do I need to check the default sim lock, change it and lock the sim. How do I do this.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,547
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    burtons wrote: »
    Why do I need to check the default sim lock, change it and lock the sim. How do I do this.
    For security, helping to prevent of fraudulent usage of your service in case of loss or theft, receiving bank OTP codes, etc.

The default simlock code is probably on your SIM holder card or package, may not be activated but is needed to change it, do so using the process in security settings on your handset.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • mobilejunkie

Because if you don't you may end up on the list of people appearing on here who have found huge bills after their phone was lost or stolen and used by others.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I signed up to 3 mobile through uswitch on the 7/7/2019 for the £10 a month deal but when does the billing date start from as £11.98 will be taken from my account on the 02/08/2019.

08 July to 13 July 2019 £1.97.

14 July to 13 August 2019 £10.00.

By that your billing date is the 14th of the month, you have a pro rata charge on the first bill to bring you into synchronisation with that date.

Future bills will run from the 14th of the month to the 13th of the following month,
    ====
  • burtons
    Forumite
    eDicky wrote: »
    For security, helping to prevent of fraudulent usage of your service in case of loss or theft, receiving bank OTP codes, etc.

The default simlock code is probably on your SIM holder card or package, may not be activated but is needed to change it, do so using the process in security settings on your handset.
    On the sim card holder is the default simlock code 19 numbers.
  • d123
    Forumite
    On the sim card holder is the default simlock code 19 numbers.

On Three the default sim pin is 0000.
    ====
  • mobilejunkie
    As it is on most networks. Four digits.
  • d123
    Forumite
    As it is on most networks. Four digits.

Whilst it is always 4 digits, it’s not always 0000 which is used by Three and Vodafone.

Some other defaults are 1111 (EE), 5555 (o2*, Tesco, Giffgaff) and 7890 (Virgin Mobile). T-Mobile used to be 1210 and Orange 1111.

*o2 are their usual confused selves, they have also used 0000 and 1234.
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport