PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I made some quorn scotch eggs, they were lovely.
    For anyone interested I used 6 quorn sausages, 4 slices of brown bread and blitzed them to make a breadcrumbs consistency. Then added an egg and an egg yolk.

Divided into four and wrapped them around 4 hard boiled eggs, egg wash and breadcrumbs and baked in the oven for half an hour.

Had one with some branston pickle and salad.

Husband had pulled pork, in a bun with coleslaw and salad.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Just shared half a GF cheese and tomato pizza with OH. Was nice enough but pizza not generally my meal of choice, however, it made sure OH ate. Not a great day, second family bereavement in 10 weeks.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 June 2019 at 6:30PM
    Options
    I'm trying to empty at least one drawer in the kitchen freezer this week, so tonight (using up sausages) we will be having toad in the hole.

Dessert will be the waffle berry bake from the OS recipe archives : chopped up waffles (I'm using chocolate ones from Aldi) mixed with chopped chunks of cheap white chocolate, a pack of frozen raspberries, and 4 eggs beaten together with a tub of creme fraiche and a tablespoon each of flour and sugar .... then baked in the oven for around half an hour. It sounds odd, but it's very nice :)
  • C_J
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that, kerry. I hope you are doing okay under such difficult circumstances :(
  • Pixie_Fairydust
    Options
    Morning

Well my Linda Mc noodle dish never happened! DS went to friends for a BBQ so I had a veg pizza 🍕 from Morries. It was pretty bland. My favourite is ricotta & spinach from Aldeeee.

Tonight will try to make the noodle concoction! As long as I’m not too late home from another fun day in the NHS!

Happy Monday

Pix :hello:
    🎄The most wonderful time of the year 🎄
    #14 - PAYDTBX23
    #23 - 1% debt challenge
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm probably going to have veggie spaghetti for dinner tonight.
    L - marmite sarnies

Ooh, now I fancy that too.:)
    C_J wrote: »
    Pud is HM pancakes filled with Nutella and sliced banana (there were two to use up), and served with a drizzle of cream.

Sounds delish.:A
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Just shared half a GF cheese and tomato pizza with OH. Was nice enough but pizza not generally my meal of choice, however, it made sure OH ate. Not a great day, second family bereavement in 10 weeks.

Sorry to read that.xxx:(
  • C_J
    Options
    I've made a chicken, butternut squash and spinach curry for tonight.
  • thriftmonster
    thriftmonster Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We were supposed to be BBQing - but it may well be leftover chicken and chorizo "shepherds" pie from last night looking at the weather- recipe from "The Savvy Shopper"
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mac cheese bake made last night and Bolognese sauce. Trying to make some meals for the week ahead as il be spending time stripping wallpaper at the new house unfortunately – might have nachos with the bolog tonight
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Kerrie - thoughts are with you and you’re family x

Fast day here today

Lamb chop with rosemary and garlic, a few new potatoes and a ton of salad
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts