Beware Just Fashion Now

After seeing this American firm advertising in national newspapers I ordered a very cheap coat. It arrived a couple of weeks later and proved to be very cheap quality so I decided to return it the same day. The returns have to go back to China, which rang alarm bells but when I checked I would still get £10 back after taking off the £8 postage costs. A few days later at 3 in the morning I had two calls from China saying my parcel had been received.
So I waited and waited for the refund, several polite emails later they are now saying it was not received. I am going to send proof of postage and a screen shot of the Chinese numbers.
Just thought I'd let everyone know that this company may not be one worth dealing with.

Comments

• Thanks for this post, I've had a lot of problems with just fashion now, do you know how to make a formal complaint to them?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for this post, I've had a lot of problems with just fashion now, do you know how to make a formal complaint to them?

What are the problems you have had ?

Its not a website I would use.
  • OHH DAMN
    I wish I saw this post a week back.
    I faced this problem and was about to create a new thread
    I know its not a lot of money or something but it still is something.
    Anyways, whats done is done
  • Lily1
    Lily1 Posts: 190 Forumite
    It took over three months but i got my money back. I did bombard them with emails though, also posted reviews on other sites.
  • Looks like the Justfashionnow website is selling under another name. I’ve just looked at a site called nananova.com - they advertise on Etsy. I noticed the same cheap shoddy dress I was tricked into buying from the Justfashion website, is on the nananova website. Please be aware that they are possibly creating new websites as their old one has had such bad publicity from other annoyed buyers who have been ripped off by them.
  • But, you pay £18 for a coat, its from China, erm I'm sorry but what do you expect other than bad quality? Its just not possible to pay £18, include postage and supply something that is good quality?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    But, you pay £18 for a coat, its from China, erm I'm sorry but what do you expect other than bad quality? Its just not possible to pay £18, include postage and supply something that is good quality?
    The post you're replying to is over a year old. ;)
  • It doesn't make any difference how old the post was. It still comes up on google search, so why bother to take the time just to whine on about age of original post?
    It shouldn't matter how much something cost. They should still give what they promise.
    Everybody knows expensive brand names get their products cheaply made in countries such as China, and then increase the prices than they originally cost to the company.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    edited 13 April 2019 at 7:57AM
    It doesn't make any difference how old the post was. It still comes up on google search, so why bother to take the time just to whine on about age of original post?
    It shouldn't matter how much something cost. They should still give what they promise.
    Everybody knows expensive brand names get their products cheaply made in countries such as China, and then increase the prices than they originally cost to the company.
    Please explain where I "whined" in the post below:
    Pollycat wrote: »
    The post you're replying to is over a year old. ;)
    I was simply pointing out that the post above mine was replying to an old post.
    It may have been as a result of someone posting :spam: which brought the thread to the top of the board and then that post was deleted.
    Most posters appreciate being told they're replying to a necropost as it's often a waste of time.
    No "whining" in there at all.

And I made no comment at all on the item purchased or the price paid.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It doesn't make any difference how old the post was. It still comes up on google search, so why bother to take the time just to whine on about age of original post?

Welcome to the forum
    It's good to suddenly see such a lot of new posters.
    Please try not to use words like " whine" though:)
    Hope to see you back with some positive content
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport