Yorkshire & Clydesdale Banks offering £150 for switching

Options

Comments

• thebritishbloke
    Options
    The Yorkshire Bank paperwork malarky strikes again!

After opening 3 more Plus accounts, I received the paperwork for one of those. Then I received another pack, but the mandate listed my Direct account (which has been fully open since December) as the account details. YB are convinced they sent me packs for the new accounts, so goodness knows what's going on there.

Then I'm being told that even though the mandate has space for 5 accounts, I can only put in one account and have to do a separate one for each account? Then why have the extra fields?! Nightmare.
    Credit 'Score' - Don't buy the credit 'score' that Experian, Equifax and Noddle want to sell you. It's an arbitrary number that means nothing when it comes to applying for credit.

ALWAYS HAVE A DIRECT DEBIT SET UP FOR THE MINIMUM PAYMENT ON YOUR CREDIT CARDS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU PLAN TO LOGIN AND PAY EACH MONTH.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I spoke to someone at CB on Thursday 05th February to open a ready cash account, (6th), was told by "Sharon" that it had to be referred and that this would take 48 hours and she would call me back 10-1030 on Saturday .

As of now no call back, I have just called them and they can find no record of said call on Thursday or any electronic ID check.

I was also told that looking back they can see another account opening with YB on 26th January and it will have got referred because I am trying to open two accounts with the same umbrella company and the system will throw up a referral , this is weird as I have opened 3 with YB and 2 with CB in the last 2.5 months and never got referred.

I am now awaiting a call back!

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• shicky
    shicky Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dear lord I wish I discovered this thread sooner!

Did anyone do Yorkshire and Clydesdale around the same time? I've been approved for Yorkshire and was going to do Clydesdale with a different account. Is this possible or am I going to hit red flags? I'm literally talking same day, has anyone done two in quick succession without issues?
  • WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    shicky wrote: »
    Dear lord I wish I discovered this thread sooner!

Did anyone do Yorkshire and Clydesdale around the same time? I've been approved for Yorkshire and was going to do Clydesdale with a different account. Is this possible or am I going to hit red flags? I'm literally talking same day, has anyone done two in quick succession without issues?

I did 2 in the same phone call. They just asked why I need 2 accounts. I said it helps me budget better. They said fine. Paperwork is in the post.
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    just done 2 more 1 x CB and 1 x YB, within 10 mins of eachother. 8 in all now.... (secretly trying to beat Yorkshireboy !)
  • shicky
    shicky Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did 2 in the same phone call. They just asked why I need 2 accounts. I said it helps me budget better. They said fine. Paperwork is in the post.

!!!!!!, should have found this thread earlier!
  • Johnny_Doe
    Options
    I was told you can only have 1 switch per type of account ie "current account plus" so I think there are 3 "free current accounts" per Yorkshire and Clyesdale so 6 max? But on the same phone call the guys said someone did 23 accounts.. (now that is being greedy)
  • Drebin911
    Options
    Just got off the phone to Clydesdale Bank, opened up a plus account (to go with my CD Current Account Direct, YB Plus, and YB Current Account Direct).

As soon as I got on the phone, the gentleman was straight in answering why I needed another account, I said for work related expenses, which I like to keep seperate, and again this was questioned....

All the same, that's one more account set up for switching, and as long as I sign the paperwork by the 28th and then pay in £1000 within 31 days of the switch completing then I should be good for the Incentive (x4).

Just quickly - The £1000 can go in and out on the same day, like every other criteria right?

And also - the Internet banking, is Clydesdale and YB completely seperate? ie - 2 comletely different logins?

Thanks

Joe
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    Johnny_Doe wrote: »
    I was told you can only have 1 switch per type of account ie "current account plus" so I think there are 3 "free current accounts" per Yorkshire and Clyesdale so 6 max?
    Nonsense! Not directed at you, but what you were told. ;)
    But on the same phone call the guys said someone did 23 accounts.. (now that is being greedy)
    I'd term it 'clever'!...but even I wouldn't do so many.

This deal had £££££££ stamped all over it when they revised the incentive T&Cs a few weeks after launch. And if they're daft enough, then I'm clever enough!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    Just quickly - The £1000 can go in and out on the same day, like every other criteria right?

And also - the Internet banking, is Clydesdale and YB completely seperate? ie - 2 comletely different logins?

Yes, and yes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport