Intelligent Finance ISA's

Comments

• DiggingOut
    DiggingOut Posts: 770 Forumite
    I think you are covered if they back-date interest. Basically, they will make people angry and lose customers if they don't do this.

If it takes them a month, that just means a month where they don't have your money, but are paying you interest. They are losing money, not you.

The only thing that makes me concerned is that he said "when it was received" rather than "when you applied". I would want that clarified, because you applied online, so it should have been received immediately. I would bug them again today for clarification.
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
  • Rochdale_Guy
    Rochdale_Guy Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Application pack received today - phew ! 8)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I've been banking with IF for three years and have always found their service via email pretty appalling. If you email them I'd say there is a 50% chance of it being answered. Fortunately I rarely needed much assistance via email so it was ok. Also their phone service was pretty good, atleast until now from what I've been reading.

The answer? Only use IF, if you are after a no-frills basic service where you don't want to do anything out of the ordinary.

Cheers,

Rod
  • popdeny
    popdeny Posts: 6 Forumite
    Dont bother with IF for cash Isa ,go to local branch of Abbey and open mini cash Isa on the spot also get 4.85% from june 1.I tried IF first and gave up on them after trying to get an answer on phone for over a week couldn't even complain to them as you have to register with them before you can email them! :(
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    but it's far easier to transfer funds online from IF to your current account and vice versa
  • Rochdale_Guy
    Signed my "purple pages" and sent them back, should soon hopefully be the proud parent of a new £3,000 tax free ISA care of EGG card lending me the money to open one with at 0% until Jan.2005 ;)
  • Rochdale_Guy
    One week one after returning my signed "purple pages" and nothing >:(

And what's with IF's online service ?

If you goto http://www.if.com, then log-in, all that does it let you "re-apply" for a product >:(

What a shambles......
  • Rochdale_Guy
    Hmmm, very suspect indeed....

Having just spoken to a Customer Service advisor (an 0845 number at least!), I was assured my MINI CASH ISA was opened and went "active" (his words) on the 5th June.

Went back online and I can now access my account with them....

Anyway, balance shows £0.00, so where is the £3,000 I gave them permission to "deposit" from my bank account then ?
    :-X :'(
    I didn't want to send them a £3,000 cheque as I wasn't sure when I'd get the £3,000 from Egg into my current account.....

I'm convinced they're gonna shaft me by giving me interest from the day they get my £3,000 and NOT when I applied :(

Where's Martin when you need him for his expert guidance ? :-/

Rochdale_Guy. :-[ :'(
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    no they won't do that Mr Rochdale man, I had the same problem where there appears to be a delay in processing the transfer but I got my interest from Day 1.
  • Rochdale_Guy
    They finally took the £3,000 out of my bank account today - sheesh !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure