Yorkshire & Clydesdale Banks offering £150 for switching

1217218219220221223»

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    starM wrote: »
    She logged in and attempted switch online. Came up and error message everytime she has done it. She has a screen print of it aswel.
    What was the error message, and where is she attempting to switch from (provider and specific account name/type).
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    What was the error message, and where is she attempting to switch from (provider and specific account name/type).

It just came up "Sorry there has been a technical problem" Something has gone wrong in the background.

She was trying to switch Nationwide FlexDirect account - obviously the account was in her name.
  • starM
    starM wrote: »
    It just came up "Sorry there has been a technical problem" Something has gone wrong in the background.

She was trying to switch Nationwide FlexDirect account - obviously the account was in her name.

Do you think she has a good reason for complaint?
  • wilfred3
    wilfred3 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Very good chance of getting the £150.
    This happened to me with TSB last week. I applied online but received no details or info. until Three weeks later. When everything finally came and account opened, I phoned to say I wanted to switch. They said too late as although cut off date is 23rd, you need 7 working days to switch, BEFORE the cut off day!
    I went to the bank and complained in person. I told them it wasn't my fault the bank took so long to send me all the details through the post. Bank manager filed a complaint for me on the Friday. First thing Monday morning, customer services rang to credit me the bonus switch and bus fare.
  • starM
    wilfred3 wrote: »
    Very good chance of getting the £150.
    This happened to me with TSB last week. I applied online but received no details or info. until Three weeks later. When everything finally came and account opened, I phoned to say I wanted to switch. They said too late as although cut off date is 23rd, you need 7 working days to switch, BEFORE the cut off day!
    I went to the bank and complained in person. I told them it wasn't my fault the bank took so long to send me all the details through the post. Bank manager filed a complaint for me on the Friday. First thing Monday morning, customer services rang to credit me the bonus switch and bus fare.

Just an update. She filed the complaint online via secure messaging. They replied back - obtained bank / card details and confirmed she will be entitled to £150 even so the deadline has passed.

She had another message confirming switch date.

All sorted. MS
  • Just want someone to confirm that I will get the £150:
    I set up my Readycash account online last Friday 27th. I completed the switch application online at the same time. I have set up my switch date for mid December. Even though this is after the deadline, am I correct in thinking that I will receive the incentive as I completed the switch application before the cut-off of Nov 30th?
  • afmfifgh
    afmfifgh Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Don't take this wrong way but the only way you will know if you will get it is to contact the bank. What is said on the forum is of little value as we don't make the decision.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure