face to face for pip assessment

I am over 65 and am receive pip, I have sent off my recent assessment form on January. I recently phoned to enquire how my assessment was going as my blue badge run out and my car is due back at the end of the month. I was told by a unhappy person on the other end that I was waiting for a face to face assessment, and I could call and ask them myself, they gave me a number to phone and when I called, all I got was a answer machine saying that it was Atos, and the voice was cold and distance and only gave me one option which was no use to me, so I put the phone down and was scared to call again. I wanted to know, did the government recently say that people over 65 will not have to go to a face to face, and only get a light touch. Can anyone explain for me please, I would be very grateful, and I am really worried I will lose my pip. Thank you for your help.

Comments

• cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The light touch is only for those who already have a successful pip award in place, so if you're lucky enough to get a long award then you should come under the light touch when renewal draws near.

Don't worry too much, my assessment was with Atos & I was amazed to find I'd been granted enhanced for both & I'd convinced myself with the worry that I'd only end up with standard care & no mobility.

Strangely enough, the report by the assessor contained various wrong statements, lies & misinformation but of course it was pointless me complaining as I'd got the enhanced levels in spite of it.

Good luck at face to face anyway.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • portland1
    portland1 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you for your reply. I had the DLA award for life and had it since 1987, and when I got assest for the pip, I only got it for three years. Then when I was sent the form for my next one it said it was shorter and just tick no change, which I did, but added that I also was more ill told that it would never get better. The DWP call centre I phoned at first was friendly, and I think they just have a certain script Knowledge. I was told by the first one that I had not been moved to the assessment side yet, the second time they had a look and I was told that I was being assessed that day, that was in January, then when I called again I got a unfriendly person who sounded very unhappy, and she said that I would be put forward to a face to face. How long from the 19th January till you find out. Thanks again for your help.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    It was 6 months for a decision after returning my daughters last PIP review form. Hers was paper based because i filled out the form with a huge amount of information, along with the evidence i sent with it there was no need for a face to face assessment.

Most people do have them so expect one, paper based assessments are rare. Your PIP will continue until a decision's been made. The rule changes the were announced for those of pension age haven't been confirmed yet so your review will continue as normal.

As you're now over 65 if you're not awarded Enhanced mobility, if you decide not to request the Mandatory Reconsideration/Tribunal then you won't be able to claim for the Enhanced again at a later date.

There's nothing you can do but wait, i'm afraid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure