I want to break free....

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Sunday update as things feel a BIT more normal today :D

1. I've remembered I have a good tablet, but it needs a new charging port. Going to see if I can sell that on a local selling page, after doing a factory reset.

2. My OH is going to do a factory reset on my laptop today so that can get listed too.

3. Re-read the PPI letter again and looked into claiming the tax back, but that isn't possible as it's over £1k of interest I'm receiving back.

My only quandary about the tax is I receive a couple of quid interest each month on my savings accounts, not all are in my ISA as I never expected to be in this position.

I will have to look into that more later in the year and expect to pay a little bit of tax.

4. My brother has assured me he is doing his bank account application today, that's another £100 I will receive.

5. As I will have about £6k to play with, I will be preparing my f&f letters this week.

I'm not doing anything with the one to D2 until I receive the outcome of my CC PPI complaint in case it's upheld and offset somehow.

Not sure if they can offset when the debt was sold on but I guess I might find out!

Going to lowball D3 as at the moment it's unenforceable.

Hoping I can clear the debts for under £4k.

6. Need to look into getting a printer at home as I may not always be lucky enough to work somewhere that allow me to print personal things.

7. Once my debts are paid off I can then start a mortgage deposit and associated costs thread :D
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,364 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Brilliant news - congrats on the ppi reclaim. We had a similar windfall - unfortunately our debts are larger...
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • MovingForwards
    Monday update:

1. No further response from D3. Wonder how receptive they will be to a F&F offer :D

I am thinking of:

a) 10% offer to D3 as it's currently unenforceable and if they haven't got the paperwork now they won't get it.

b) 20% offer to D2 as they quickly got the paperwork and obviously I will be long dead before it's paid off.

2. Toying with rejecting the former DMC offer and putting a counteroffer in as suggested. All helps towards the future doesn't it!

3. Checked my DPA in case the loan PPI money went in, it hasn't. They did say within 28 days but I'm just so keen to get debt free.

4. Nothing from L about the CC PPI complaint.

5. Factory reset the tablet, listed it and got an enquiry asking if it works if plugged into the wall....not sure which part of "it's not charging, the port may be faulty" the guy didn't understand!

6. Second attempt at factory resetting the laptop today and it seems to be doing it now. Once that's done it will be listed for sale.

7. Found some random items around the flat and have put them up for sale. If they don't sell I will drop them off at a charity shop up the road.

8. My brother hasn't done the bank switch application yet :( feel like I'm nagging him, but we both win if he does it.

Positive ending for the day:

1. I've been told one of the jobs I would like should be going live for applications very soon.

2. For some reason I am still squirrelling money away :D which I think is best as I do fear L will find a way of not paying me what they said.

3. Looked into reclaiming the tax, again, and if I somehow stay earning what I am currently earning I can claim most of it back. Obviously, if I stay earning what I am then it makes it difficult to buy a decent property / location. Just have to see where I am at the end of the tax year.

4. Just over a week until the monthly debt payments are made, yippee.

5. Planning my 'saving for a mortgage deposit' diary, but that is something to look forward to in the future.

Hope everyone has a good week and I will update the weekend, or sooner if anything exciting happens :D

Debt balances stand at:

1. £697.96 (£70pm) (CCJ)
    2. £1877.60 (£10pm) (enforceable)
    3. £6,819.95 (£0pm) (currently unenforceable)

Money towards debts/monthly installments stands at:

£470.39
  • Woooow well done on your PPI result MF! (I realise I am mucho behind everyone else lol)

Great news :D
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Congrats on the PPI that's fantastic news. And definitely go back and fry the debt collecting company you paid your dmp through. Those vampires can take it and what they did is a massive breach. They've been so incompetent throughout this process as well so you can feel no guilt.

Great news on all the new studies too. I'm sure you'll land a job there. It'll show how dedicated you are. Good luck with f&fs. I think it's best to strike while the big one is looking for paperwork. Xxxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • MovingForwards
    Just a quick update!

1. I have fried the former DMC, rejected their offer and lodged a further complaint.

Why you ask? Well, came home to another letter addressed to my ex!

Verbal and email Complaint submitted to the former DMC .

2. Verbal complaint submitted to my ex's creditor. I spoke with them in June and they were to update their records and remove my address.

3. Got a few people interested in the laptop, just have to wait and see if anyone bites......

No interest in the other bits yet.

4. Checked my DPA just in case, nope not received the loan PPI yet.

Hope it comes sooner than later as I want the debts gone.

5. Nothing about the CC PPI complaint. Hopefully I will hear this week as there was only a couple of days between the two calls for the loan and CC PPI complaints.

Positive ending for today:

1. The interest has gone into my last bond today and that matures the end of this year. Hard to believe it's 19 months ago I locked it away.

Won't be locking my savings away again as I am hoping to get a mortgage this year. But once I have my home I will look into it again.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £697.96 (£70pm) (CCJ)

£471.39
  • savingholmes
    You are making great progress. Hope you are taking some time to enjoy the sunshine too
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
  • MovingForwards
    edited 10 August 2019 at 12:01PM
    You are making great progress. Hope you are taking some time to enjoy the sunshine too

Thank you :)

It's raining up here, but still enjoyable. Hopefully the weather will pick up at some point so I can do an afternoon on the beach :D

Finally managed to get a buyer for my laptop and kindly spent 90 minutes driving to the girls house, then back again, stopping for chicken and chips on the way back :D spose I kinda made £30 pH doing it! If ever I say I'm selling stuff on FB please shake and stop me; I can't stand time wasters and spammers. Even when I was looking for a car I text everyone and said I found one, even when they didn't respond to my messages. Guess common courtesy isn't a 'thing'.

Spent some of the money on a chippy meal for OH and myself, some will go on beer / nibbles the weekend and a bit of shopping. The rest is going in my DPA tomorrow on the way home, providing I can remember where the BS is :rotfl: I also now have £2.35 in my purse - perhaps a latte on Friday at work!

On paper, I nearly have enough to pay my CCJ off, til they take the instalment next week. But yes, that is definitely going this month!

Oh, I've also started going through my clothes and have binned some threadbare tops/leggings and got a pile of good stuff going, when I have a full bag I will drop it off at the charity shop. Hopefully I won't be getting a job in a traditional office as then all my formal stuff can go to charity too.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £697.96 (£70pm) (CCJ)

£526.39
  • savingholmes
    Would be great to get your CCJ cleared
  • MovingForwards
    Friday update!

1. Nothing further from L about the CC PPI complaint.

2. No money from L for the loan PPI complaint.

3. An acknowledgement has been received from the former DMC, but nothing further.

4. My normal timesheet authorisor is on annual leave, I'm going to be chasing the agency and HR next week to get this week's timesheet authorised, argh.

Positive ending for today:

1. Had a tax rebate in my wages this week, when I queried it with the agency I was told it's because HMRC told them to. Strange as I re-checked the salary calculator and my wages / deductions are right.

Is it possible I'm getting the PPI tax being refunded via my weekly wages? It was nearly 10% of the tax deducted from what they are due to pay me. Guess I will see if there is another tax refund next week!

2. I've split the tax refund between my DPA, savings and premium bonds.

As tempting as it was to put it all into the DPA I wanted to see my mortgage deposit and associated fees rise a little.

3. Debt instalment payments are next week :D

Debt balances stand at:

1. £697.96 (£70pm) (CCJ)

£547.63
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure