Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tesuhoha
    • By tesuhoha 17th Aug 19, 4:55 PM
    • 17,150Posts
    • 45,204Thanks
    tesuhoha
    Does Anyone Know Update and advice still needed
    • 17th Aug 19, 4:55 PM
    Does Anyone Know Update and advice still needed 17th Aug 19 at 4:55 PM
    My son bought tickets for the Reading Festival. I am not sure why but he and his girlfriend are unable to go now. He obviously cannot sell them as it says non transferable on the tickets and they have his name on. Is there anything he can do? Would the organisers refund the money and resell the tickets.

He doesn't want to make a profit, just wants his 400 back. He says he doesn't want to talk about it and just to forget it but I wondered if there was an option for him to return them. I was just reading about a company called Twickets who are mentioned on the Reading official site but if he sells them through this agent, would the buyer be able to gain admission with his name on them?
    Last edited by tesuhoha; 19-08-2019 at 9:37 AM.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

Page 3
    • tesuhoha
    • By tesuhoha 25th Aug 19, 9:26 PM
    • 17,150 Posts
    • 45,204 Thanks
    tesuhoha
    Well Reading is virtually over. Did the Norwegian cough up?
    Originally posted by suejb2
    Yes all seems to be well.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• deannatrois
    • By deannatrois 26th Aug 19, 3:21 PM
    • 6,259 Posts
    • 8,797 Thanks
    deannatrois
    When my son displays avoidance behaviours, there is something wrong and he knows it. Usually involves mistruths of some sort. Sorry, but that's my experience. The more elaborate the story, the more likely this is.

I'd leave him to it. There's something he's not telling you.
    • tesuhoha
    • By tesuhoha 26th Aug 19, 5:10 PM
    • 17,150 Posts
    • 45,204 Thanks
    tesuhoha
    When my son displays avoidance behaviours, there is something wrong and he knows it. Usually involves mistruths of some sort. Sorry, but that's my experience. The more elaborate the story, the more likely this is.

I'd leave him to it. There's something he's not telling you.
    Originally posted by deannatrois
    Yes, if you say so.

My son displays avoidance behaviours over everything, from how much his car service cost, to where he got his hair cut, to what film he saw at the cinema, to which band he saw at the gig in London, to what made him burst out laughing last night. Its just in his nature to be like that.

• 74jax
    • By 74jax 26th Aug 19, 5:12 PM
    • 5,136 Posts
    • 7,195 Thanks
    74jax
    Yes, if you say so.

My son displays avoidance behaviours over everything, from how much his car service cost, to where he got his hair cut, to what film he saw at the cinema, to which band he saw at the gig in London, to what made him burst out laughing last night. Its just in his nature to be like that.
    Originally posted by tesuhoha
    I'm really quite sad to read that. To 'avoid' discussing everything in his life with you must be hard.
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
    • tesuhoha
    • By tesuhoha 26th Aug 19, 5:43 PM
    • 17,150 Posts
    • 45,204 Thanks
    tesuhoha
    I'm really quite sad to read that. To 'avoid' discussing everything in his life with you must be hard.
    Originally posted by 74jax
    Just the way he is, always has been.

• bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 10th Sep 19, 2:19 AM
    • 1,657 Posts
    • 1,856 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    You could look at a lot of threads and say that. At least this is money related and of course it is family. A lot of threads on this board don't have anything to do with money.
    It's more to do with getting a refund of tickets than family I'd say.
    • deannatrois
    • By deannatrois 11th Sep 19, 6:45 AM
    • 6,259 Posts
    • 8,797 Thanks
    deannatrois
    Yes, if you say so.

That's probably not avoidance behaviours, that's more 'young person grunts are all you will get' syndrome.
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 11th Sep 19, 7:41 AM
    • 20,315 Posts
    • 47,100 Thanks
    peachyprice
    Just the way he is, always has been.
    Isn't that the way most young adults are at some point in their lives?

Having successfully raised two of them through to mid-twenties and one now at 18 they've all gone through the same phase. The running joke in our house is: Where are you going? Out. When will you be back? Later. Who are you going with? Friends. The exact same things we said to our parents 30+ years ago!!

I don't think there's anything 'sad' or abnormal about young adults wanting a life independent from their parents and exercising their power to not share every detail with them.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • tesuhoha
    • By tesuhoha 12th Sep 19, 1:15 AM
    • 17,150 Posts
    • 45,204 Thanks
    tesuhoha
    Isn't that the way most young adults are at some point in their lives?

Having successfully raised two of them through to mid-twenties and one now at 18 they've all gone through the same phase. The running joke in our house is: Where are you going? Out. When will you be back? Later. Who are you going with? Friends. The exact same things we said to our parents 30+ years ago!!

I don't think there's anything 'sad' or abnormal about young adults wanting a life independent from their parents and exercising their power to not share every detail with them.
    Originally posted by peachyprice
    Well I didn't think there was anything wrong with it. He lives his own life but does come and ask if he has a problem. The ticket sale worked out okay by the way.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,219Posts Today

7,069Users online

Martin's Twitter