Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ftba.d
    • By Ftba.d 22nd Aug 19, 11:11 PM
    • 107Posts
    • 16Thanks
    Ftba.d
    HSBC Uswitch £175 offer
    • 22nd Aug 19, 11:11 PM
    HSBC Uswitch £175 offer 22nd Aug 19 at 11:11 PM
    Hi ,

Iím considering making the switch but have some questions ...

- Iím currently with Barclays . Do you think I should inform them that I am thinking about making the switch because itís an account with similar benefits and the lure of £175 and see if they offer anything ?

- if I do switch will all my pay etc go into my new account seamlessly ? Iíve read that some direct debits etc get lost ?

- what is the actual process ? I sign up and then immediately all my outgoings and incoming money goes to my new hsbc account ?

- can I keep my existing credit card I have with Barclays or does that need to switch too ?

Thanks in advance
Page 3
    • irvin38aa
    • By irvin38aa 4th Sep 19, 5:56 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    irvin38aa
    Glad I'm not alone! As soon as I hear anything I will update. I read the same posts on HUKD, but overall have found HSBC slow on a few things so hoping it's just the volume of people opening accounts making it slower.
    Originally posted by Plutonomics
    Yes, keep us updated. I will do the same. And yes, they have been a little slow on texts and post. Things being setup and then getting a text days later etc. And the secure key is a bit of a faff.
    • techno79
    • By techno79 4th Sep 19, 8:39 AM
    • 300 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    techno79
    I tried to ring HSBC using a couple of different customer service numbers, none were useful as I ended up giving up after over 30 minutes of being on hold. I then re-applied for the bank account last week. I then got a text message a few days later saying HSBC had received my application and then yesterday I got an email giving me Welcome Pack information. So looks like mine eventually went through (but not sure if it was because of the 2nd application or if it would have gone through anyway). Both of my applications were before the 1st September deadline so I should be eligible for the cashback. Will have to see how it goes though.
    • Andyjflet
    • By Andyjflet 4th Sep 19, 8:52 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Andyjflet
    Mines all up and running now, switching date TBC
    M&S Loan £15496 inc interest full term
    Leeds Mortgage £70300 £63931
    Santander 0% CC £1403
    Sainsburys 0% CC £2422
    Hitachi Loan 0% £346 ends March 2020
    • smipsy
    • By smipsy 6th Sep 19, 8:11 PM
    • 114 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    smipsy
    i applied online on the 13th of august. i didn't have to wait for anything, they just told me online that i was accepted, and got my card and stuff after three days or so.

switch officially finished on the 28th, with my old account gone.

i didn't get the money yet, but when i do I'll update here, so that people have some sort of a timeline to compare against
    Originally posted by smipsy
    i received my £175 today, 6th of September
    • irvin38aa
    • By irvin38aa 6th Sep 19, 9:38 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    irvin38aa
    Received my £175 today too. Just now in fact. Wasn’t showing earlier on today. ��
    • harz99
    • By harz99 7th Sep 19, 7:46 AM
    • 2,930 Posts
    • 2,890 Thanks
    harz99
    Switch completed 28/8, £175 paid in yesterday 6/9.
    • diceydeb
    • By diceydeb 10th Sep 19, 6:05 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    diceydeb
    I applied to switch well before sept 2nd but they faffed about asking me to send my ID to bank in person , bank couldn't do anything as it was done online ! Then I finally got a letter with dome reference no.so took my ID back to bank . they messed up as my card came through with wrong initial ! Had to cancel that card and reorder new one with correct initial ....another wait . still awaiting my pin number ?? Then had a nightmare joining online banking ....typing in countless passwords n keys to get set up on that .....same with the app ! This has been the most tedious switch yet and I've done plenty ! Just hope I get my £175 as I feel I've earnt it ! Though I'm a bit dubious as no mention of it since and my only proof I did before 2nd is a screenshot I took of them saying ' your application was successful' .
    My switch date is not till sept 20th !? Did anyone get their money as long as that applied by 2nd but switch came after ?
    Last edited by diceydeb; 10-09-2019 at 6:10 PM.
    • techno79
    • By techno79 12th Sep 19, 11:43 AM
    • 300 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    techno79
    So if I need to deposit £10,500 over 6 months (which is £1,750 per month), can I do this in one transaction? Use another account to move in £10,500, then the next day move it back out again?

If this works then I'd rather do this (or in as few transactions as possible) so then I don't need to worry about doing anything else. Thoughts?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,323Posts Today

9,227Users online

Martin's Twitter