TicketySplit feedback - official discussion

Comments

• Also, the "Feedback" link underneath the search bar takes you to a dead link.
    :j Comping on & off since 31/08/12 :beer:
    I comp for fun... and to kill the boredom!
  • starrybee
    starrybee Posts: 1,917 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Not working for me - it's trying to cost me more money!

It's not taking into account the advanced price.
    It's saying A to C = £42.75 (anytime single)

So it's recommending
    A to B: £9.90 (advance single)
    B to C: £13.05 (anytime single)
    Total £22.95
    And it's saying I need to change trains at point B despite it being a direct journey, so all I should need to do is stay on the train and show a different ticket - think maybe it's just worded badly?

Anyway, National Rail price the journey at £15 for an advance, which MSE isn't showing at all :)

Also
    It would be nice if it could automatically identify cheaper fares at times other than the one specified.
    I agree this would be useful :)
  • opinions4u wrote: »
    It would be nice if it could automatically identify cheaper fares at times other than the one specified.

For that I use this http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/farefinder/search

it would be good if you could do lowest split fares though.

I appreciate this
    wrote:
    Please don't use the tool unless you intend to buy tickets, as we pay each time you search. Once you've found tickets, the tool takes you to thetrainline.com, which charges a £1.50 booking fee per transaction. If you go direct, you'll often be able to book without it. But we would ask you to book via thetrainline.com as without it, we wouldn't be able to do this tool.

but would honestly prefer to see adverts than be directed to soething like this
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Doesn't The Trail Line also charge a delivery fee (or card fee) in addition to the booking fee?
  • Hi starrybee - can you let me know the travel details you were looking at please?

Thanks,
    MSE Adam
  • eshroom
    eshroom Posts: 136 Forumite
    Unfortunately, this failed on 3 separate routes for me. On all routes it said there were cheaper options available, but then when I clicked through to trainline.com the tickets were priced more expensively.

The routes were:

London - Macclesfield - 13:00 on Sat 15th
    London - Warrington - 12:20 on Sat 15th
    London - Manchester - 12:40 on Sat 15th

For what it's worth, redoing the searches on ticketysplit all three were no longer able to be split, but I think it's very unlikely availability on all 3 routes changed in the short time between ticketysplit finding them and me clicking through to the trainline site.
  • yorkie2
    yorkie2 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You're best waiting for the Raileasy website to be launched. It will be much better than the Ticketysplit app, and will offer "splits" that involve more than two tickets. It will charge an fee, but any fees will cover the whole booking, not just each ticket.
  • Exile_geordie
    Exile_geordie Posts: 5,094 Forumite
    Ive just been using this app as I want to go to Manchester on 3rd may but its sending me up via Sheffield on a train out of St Pancakes - is this right? Yeah the price looks nice but its an hours extra journey time.
    Dont rock the boat
    Dont rock the boat ,baby
  • It's a trade-off between journey time and price. For a London-Manchester trip, look at Advance fares on Virgin out of Euston (ticketysplit just analyses walk-up fares i.e. ones you could buy on the day at the moment).
  • Exile_geordie
    Exile_geordie Posts: 5,094 Forumite
    It's a trade-off between journey time and price. For a London-Manchester trip, look at Advance fares on Virgin out of Euston (ticketysplit just analyses walk-up fares i.e. ones you could buy on the day at the moment).

I understand the trade off between time and money and time is an important factor for me.

If it only does walk on fares then its a pretty poorly designed app as walk on fares are the highest arent they?

Really shouldnt release something like this until it gets you the best price for all ticket combinations.

Then again I did notice that it then tells you to buy it trhough the trainline who charge you fees so Im guessing the money they will make from the comission on said click through makes that alright then.

Not very money saving is it?
    Dont rock the boat
    Dont rock the boat ,baby
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills