Has anyone ordered from lightinthebox?

I have seen some really pretty flowergirl dresses online with this company...
http://www.lightinthebox.com/Cute-Princess-A---Line-Satin-Flower-Girl-Dress--HSX472-_p27530.html

Im just wondering before i go and pay, has anyone ordered off here before? are the reliable and are the dresses good quality??

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Evie82
    Evie82 Posts: 340 Forumite
    anyone at all?

Please?

anyone heard anything good or bad about them even?:confused:
  • Gutted:cry:

I had fallen in love with this dress and was eagerly watching this thread to see if anyone had ordered anything from them.
    http://www.lightinthebox.com/Pretty-Princess-Line-Maxi-Wedding-Dresses-for-Bride--YCF133-_p14013.html
    I suppose I will have to try and find someone else that sells it. If anyone has seen this dress elsewhere (and from a more reputable company please let me know as it is perfect for my needs)

£2008 for 2008 club member 336
  • Haven't heard much about this particular company but there are two that I've heard really good reports of and seen pics posted on other threads, they will make dresses from pictures you send them.
    they are called Milly Bridal who have their own website but operate on ebay as cinderella shop and Landy bridal again have their own website and operate on ebay as asapbridal or landyasap I'm not sure which.
    They both have had good reviews and I've seen pictures of dresses from both.
    Send them the pic and see what they say.
  • Youandyourwedding forum has some good reports of Light in the box, Milly bridal and Landy bridal.

I'm going to order one bridesmaid dress from Light in the box and if it's good, get the rest :)

Consider buying from the USA as well, much cheaper :) That's how I'm getting my wedding dress.
  • My dress came from Landy at asapbay and you would never had known there was a zero knocked of the price of the original it was a copy of. If you want any pics let me know.

It is fantastic quality and fitted wonderfully.
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • I ordered and paid (using paypal) for a dress on 28th Oct.
    On 29th Oct i had a change of mind and canceled the order.
    Their rules say if you cancel within 48 hours you will get a full refund.
    I got an e-mail back from them on 31st Oct confirming the order had been canceled.
    When, on the 2nd Nov, i still had nothing in my paypal account i e-mailed them again to chase.
    I got an e-mail back saying it was too late to cancel because they already started making it (!)
    They are now saying if i want to cancel there is a 15% handling fee.
    I added one of the staff to MSN and she told me she was too busy to help.
    Still no refund or response to my please - i think they have just decided to ignore me.
    I'm going to have to raise an action with paypal to try and recover some cash.

So yeah, i'm really annoyed with their complete lack of customer service.

I would not recommend them to anyone.
  • Hi there -

My friend (who's getting married in June) has ordered 2 from there and said they were brilliant (so now i'm considering ordering some of mine from there, but not sure about style yet!). HTH
  • Chinar wrote: »
    I ordered and paid (using paypal) for a dress on 28th Oct.
    On 29th Oct i had a change of mind and canceled the order.
    Their rules say if you cancel within 48 hours you will get a full refund.
    I got an e-mail back from them on 31st Oct confirming the order had been canceled.
    When, on the 2nd Nov, i still had nothing in my paypal account i e-mailed them again to chase.
    I got an e-mail back saying it was too late to cancel because they already started making it (!)
    They are now saying if i want to cancel there is a 15% handling fee.
    I added one of the staff to MSN and she told me she was too busy to help.
    Still no refund or response to my please - i think they have just decided to ignore me.
    I'm going to have to raise an action with paypal to try and recover some cash.

So yeah, i'm really annoyed with their complete lack of customer service.

I would not recommend them to anyone.

Oh no :( thats put me off!! :(
  • Here's a tip, if you're going to promote your own company here, it helps not to have the company name as your user name!!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback