Transfer Cash ISAs Discussion Area

Comments

• alduncan
    alduncan Posts: 43 Forumite
    To the question:

Who can open an Easy Access ISA? it says:

To open an Icesave Easy Access ISA you must:
    - Have not contributed to, or opened another, Mini Cash ISA or Maxi ISA during this tax year

I imagine many people will have already contributed to an ISA this tax year so will not be eligible to open an Icesave ISA?
  • The FAQs on the website answer many of these questions:
    • Do you accept transfers in from other providers into the Easy Access ISA? Yes you can transfer in Mini Cash ISAs held with other providers into the Icesave Easy Access ISA. You can choose to make a transfer in as part of your application or, once your account is open, simply log in and select the option to make a transfer-in to your Easy Access ISA.
      Transfers in from other providers do not count towards your annual subscription limit. There is no restriction to the number of providers you can transfer-in from.
  • alastair_h wrote: »
    Hi,

That's not how I read it or set my Icesave account as, my understanding is the compounded interest can be paid back into your Icesave ISA OR a separate account. Therefore if you selected pay into Icesave ISA (this account) option your compounded interest would be normal (you don't have to withdraw this interest).

PS - you also have the option to have 6.1% AER per annum or 5.94% monthly which I think compounds up to 6.1044% over the year, every little helps!

Hope this helps.

Yes you're right I got it wrong and have since signed up "this account" and then other text further into the signup saying nominated account for payment of interest led me to believe they were going to pay the interest into the nominated account, a little more clarity would have been helpful but all OK now!
  • shirlls
    shirlls Posts: 95 Forumite
    I opened my first ISA with NSI in July 07 with the full 3k allowed. Can I transfer this 3k, plus interest, into the higher rate Icesave ISA now, and then on April 5th 2008 put another £3,600 into the same ISA?:huh: :confused:
  • I'd like to point out another problem with transferring to Icesave's top paying ISA.
    You can only transfer current ISA's from the following companies - NatWest, Halifax, HSBC, LloydsTSB, Barclays or Nationwide.
    If your ISA isn't with one of these companies you can forget it!

Hi guys,

this isn't the case, it accepts transfers from all cash ISA providers.

Dan
    Former MSE team member
  • I have tried to do a transfer in registration, as I already have an ISA this year and an ISA with a third bank from 2 and 3 years ago. I answered the question have you registered an ISA this year as yes, and would I like to transfer an ISA from another bank as yes.

At the end of the registration before it is complete I am asked to agree to this:

I declare that
    • I have not subscribed, and will not subscribe, to a maxi ISA or to another cash mini ISA in the same year that I subscribe to this mini ISA
    I cannot declare that, as I have already opened another ISA this year. I thought you could open another ISA in the same year if it is funded not through new cash, but through previous years contributions. However they are asking me to make this declaration on a transfer-in ISA too. Has anyone else been getting this?
  • Teh other thing I noticed during the application is that you are subscribing for this year, and future years unless cancelled. In future years, do you have to put money in to this one, or can you keep it open and invest in another ISA elswhere?
  • At the end of the registration before it is complete I am asked to agree to this:

I declare that
    • I have not subscribed, and will not subscribe, to a maxi ISA or to another cash mini ISA in the same year that I subscribe to this mini ISA

Well, I have just phoned ICESAVE and they have told me that I need to tick it and send it off, but it only applies to people that are opening an ISA with new money and not opening an ISA to transfer an existing ISA into. Something doesn't feel right about making such a declaration when I know it is false.
  • shirlls wrote: »
    I opened my first ISA with NSI in July 07 with the full 3k allowed. Can I transfer this 3k, plus interest, into the higher rate Icesave ISA now, and then on April 5th 2008 put another £3,600 into the same ISA?:huh: :confused:

Hi,
    I am in the same situation (opened with NS&I in September 07) and I'd like to know if it's better to transfer now or wait until September 08?

Many thanks in advance,
    Oxyd
  • new
    has anyone else experienced a problem with filling in their telephone number? I have tried several times filling in my Birmingham landline number [first with local area, and then I tried with international code from ICEland, without spaces] - but it keeps getting rejected!:mad:

Any help/suggestions, please. Thanks!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure