Sliderobes

Comments

• lizharper
    lizharper Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 November 2011 at 11:54AM
    We was looking for some bedroom furniture, had several company’s come round to give us a quote. .
  • jenny-wren wrote: »
    Can anyone give me an idea of how much Sliderobes cost. We'd need something that's about 2-3 metres long.
    / advice.
    Recently visited Sliderobes in Belfast and a rough price for nice finish , approx 13 ft x 7ft, with slope, £4500.
  • Visiondvd wrote: »
    Recently visited Sliderobes in Belfast and a rough price for nice finish , approx 13 ft x 7ft, with slope, £4500.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Norn Iron Club Member 330 ;)
  • jenny-wren wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    thats what I said too.
  • My opinion is that they're an over priced wardrobe. I got them and the PVC edging on the front of the chipboard came away after a month. Not happy after paying £4,300!!!
  • HeadAboveWater
    HeadAboveWater Posts: 3,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 1 August 2012 at 2:38PM
    jenny-wren, When we moved into our House in 2002, we got Sliderobes in the back Bedroom, absolutely fantastic, we purchased these from Guys Home Interiors (Victor Guy) Tel:- 028 7776 7756 (Mobile No:- 07989 390970). They are 8ft Long (2 Mirror Doors) which go right up to ceiling, and were very reasonably priced around £450.00. Never had any bother with them, Victor covers the whole of Northern Ireland.

We actually got another Sliderobe in my Sons room, really brillant job, around the same size for £550.00, about year or so ago, hold a great deal of stuff, he can even pull the door open and watch his TV at Night, it actually up to yourself what shelf format you want.

I have no hesitation in recommending the above - 1st Class, and very speedy & Professional Service.

Trust that this is of help you.;)

Regards: Martin

Thanks for the info! Wish I'd found them when we were looking!

Had looked at Ikea but decided against as they were seriously flimsy, and got sliderobes through Somerset in Coleraine. They look fantastic, are really solid (that's German manufacturing for you!), only took a couple hours for them to fit, and very good vfm. Really pleased with them I have to say :) (ummmm can't remember exactly but approx 190cm tall and 200cm wide, both doors are mirrored £450)

Problem is, I keep buying clothes now that I'm out of debt and just wish we'd went for the wider option... ;) :rotfl:
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Need to get a wardrobe built into our bedroom- would be enclave at side of fireplace- approx 90 cm width- just cant get a wardrobe to fit- any one any ideas what this would cost with Sliderobes (or any other such company)

cheerz

nozza
  • Pretani
    Pretani Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    jenny-wren, When we moved into our House in 2002, we got Sliderobes in the back Bedroom, absolutely fantastic, we purchased these from Guys Home Interiors (Victor Guy) Tel:- 028 7776 7756 (Mobile No:- 07989 390970). They are 8ft Long (2 Mirror Doors) which go right up to ceiling, and were very reasonably priced around £450.00. Never had any bother with them, Victor covers the whole of Northern Ireland.

We actually got another Sliderobe in my Sons room, really brillant job, around the same size for £550.00, about year or so ago, hold a great deal of stuff, he can even pull the door open and watch his TV at Night, it actually up to yourself what shelf format you want.

I have no hesitation in recommending the above - 1st Class, and very speedy & Professional Service.

Trust that this is of help you.;)

Regards: Martin

I recommend him too.....good price. Sliderobes are suberbly built, solid as a rock. I was actually surprised the way they finished them off with wooden interiors. Got bedside units from him too and their well put together.

They'll last 20 years or more.
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Pretani wrote: »
    I recommend him too.....good price. Sliderobes are suberbly built, solid as a rock. I was actually surprised the way they finished them off with wooden interiors. Got bedside units from him too and their well put together.

They'll last 20 years or more.

I've just been thinking about getting a fitted wardrobe. Do they give you a good range of interiors to work with? The thing that I like about the ikea one is the range of fittings, but I thought it felt a bit shaky really when I looked closely at it and I want something that will last pretty much forever :)
  • Pretani
    Pretani Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    edited 6 August 2012 at 10:28AM
    I've just been thinking about getting a fitted wardrobe. Do they give you a good range of interiors to work with? The thing that I like about the ikea one is the range of fittings, but I thought it felt a bit shaky really when I looked closely at it and I want something that will last pretty much forever :)

I'm not sure about how extensive their range of fittings are. They're more a bespoke company and make sections for you from good solid wood. I used a B&Q booklet to work out what fittings i needed and Victor designed the wardrobe for my needs.

Regarding the bedside units, i needed one to have a false drawer at the top. He made it with a drawer front and a section cut in the side of the unit for a digi box and things to sit in, with a hole at the back for plugs to go through.

Use your ikea book to describe to him what you need and he'll get it made for you. Give him a phone, he'll come to your house and work your ideas out for you;)

Those fitting from ikea/B&Q etc are a good source to work from, but they won't be as sturdy as Victor will make them. When i looked through the B&Q booklet, nothing actually was the right size for me, plus it ended up more expensive than what Victor's price was.

hope that helps;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport