Strange Direct Debit -BISL BACS ACCOUNT

Options

Comments

• Teatwosugars
    Options
    BISL are the car insurance company that M&S use. Have heard of this happen to a few people. Many companies use them.
  • Mushypratt
    Options
    I was unsure, but this forum helped me identify it, I had recently bought car insurance through The RAC.
  • lawrenceoconnor
    Options
    Yup, BISL collects the instalments on my eco car insurance
  • fgtr13
    fgtr13 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the info !! Seems mine is for home insurance ! Wish they would make it clearer !! :)
  • chinagirl
    chinagirl Posts: 875 Forumite
    Options
    Yup, I too was worried about BISL BACS ACCOUNT DD. Googled it and this forum came up. My husband has just insured his van through DirectDial insurance, so they must be using BISL as well. Again, wish they would make it clearer for the customer !!!
    keep smiling,
    chinagirl x
  • goonerarf
    Options
    cheggers wrote: »
    Just checked my bank statement I have a direct debit for £25 from BISL BACS ACCOUNT, has anyone got a clue who they are think it may have been bank fraud???

Hi, I had the same thing. Checked with my bank and its from

Budget Insurance Ltd.

Hope this helps.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    chinagirl wrote: »
    Yup, I too was worried about BISL BACS ACCOUNT DD. Googled it and this forum came up. My husband has just insured his van through DirectDial insurance, so they must be using BISL as well. Again, wish they would make it clearer for the customer !!!
    Does the reference number match up with your policy number by any chance>:D
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    edited 16 January 2013 at 10:44PM
    Options
    chinagirl wrote: »

This site?
    Copyright BISL Limited 2012
    Please note this website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent for cookies to be used.
    Further information on cookies and how you can disable them is available here.
    Dial Direct is a trading name of BISL Limited. Registered Head Office: Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS.
    Registered in England No. 3231094. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
    We are an independent intermediary dealing with selected insurers..

Not sure how much clearer it can be posted on the front page of the website

Wiki
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • GARRYHOMER
    Options
    I have received two demands foe extra money due to either accidents attributed to me or other drivers being on policies, just spent 25 mins trying to get my money back. Legalised robbery would never insure with any company using BISL (Halifax, Dial Direct etc)
  • katie_lou2017
    Options
    ive just called and BISL said that they manage several accounts/take revenue for other insurance companies.. including mine which is santander. if in doubt, call BISL and give them the payment ref on your statement, they can confirm then and there who it is for. was a weird coincidence for me.. i went in all guns blazing for a complaint, only to find out that they manage santander (i checked after and its legit) but were coincidentally my insurance provider last year!! hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure