Returning shoes after wearing them - painful

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Cpu2007 wrote: »
    I never said "high impact workout trainer"
    I said described as "high impact" shoes as on JD sports they state they provide maximum impact protection while traction pattern to the outsole delievers multidirectional movement on a variety of surfaces.
    To me that sounds like trainers that can be used on a treadmill as well as weights
    https://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/black-jordan-eclipse/281751/

and durability for a hard-wearing, comfortable ride. An Air Sole unit in the heel keeps your feet feeling good with maximum impact protection, while a herringbone traction pattern to the outsole delivers multidirectional movement on a variety of surfaces.

all the factors you quote relate to the sole/heel.
    none of which are failing you. you have a rubbing issue on the upper area.
    so my suggestion is wear thicker/taller socks and plaster/blister protection as required to see if they break in.
    however my view is that of others that these are fashion trainers.
    I mix a set of Reebock crossfit shoes(very supportive)/Adidas powerlift shoes and Asics for my gym shoes.
    Adidas were the priciest but I would never pay that much for gym shoes.
  • custardy wrote: »
    I mix a set of Reebock crossfit shoes(very supportive)/Adidas powerlift shoes and Asics for my gym shoes.

Agree with ASICS. Are the Adidas ones for weightlifting? Do Reebok still do shoes?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Agree with ASICS. Are the Adidas ones for weightlifting? Do Reebok still do shoes?

Yup,the Adidas have a wedge/solid heel for stability.
    Make quite a difference. I got them offer for about £50.
    Very rare they are reduced.
    Reebok ones are very comfy/supportive but flat soled and not really good for running etc (not that my borked knee allows much running anyway!)
  • OP - I have some sympathy with you. JD Sports refers to "maximum protection" but the Nike site says "lightweight protection". I don't think these are the same thing. But is that a mis-description?

Perhaps not because your own link to JD site says something like "More a lifestyle shoe rather than something you would wear on the court." That's the problem you have.

I'd look in local sports shops where you can at least try the shoes on, or ask others at the gym (eg one of the personal trainers - I'm sure they'd be happy to advise).
  • custardy wrote: »
    Reebok ones are very comfy/supportive but flat soled and not really good for running etc

I think that's the problem for OP. Basketball needs a wide flat soled shoe for stability but more of a curved last for running.
  • I know I bought these trainers because of their styles but the reason wasn't simply the style.
    Matter of fact, I tend to buy trainers that can be used at the gym as well as worn casually so that I don't need two pair of trainers.
    I had trainers with similar minimalist look from nike but they were discontinued and I found these trainers to be a good combination of style and sport comfort.
    I should have been more careful but again I don't know what else I could have done to test them properly other than relying on the description and past experiences.

I appreciate the help in terms of what could be done to break into these trainers.
    Will definitely try it.
  • Cpu2007 wrote: »
    I tend to buy trainers that can be used at the gym as well as worn casually so that I don't need two pair of trainers.
    I wouldn't like to be standing near you in public or training next to you in the gym! :eek:
    Your shoes must hum!
    Do you really wear shoes you've worn outdoors in the gym?
  • Cpu2007
    Cpu2007 Posts: 723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I wouldn't like to be standing near you in public or training next to you in the gym! :eek:
    Your shoes must hum!
    Do you really wear shoes you've worn outdoors in the gym?

You might be thinking that the condition of those shoes might be awful but I look after them and yes they are trainers, the can be used both in the gym and outside.
    You might be thinking that the condition of those shoes might be awful but I look after them and yes they are trainers, the can be used both in the gym and outside.

This isn't a slight in any way but you are clearly a casual gym user if you just use your general use trainers in there, so probably don't realise the huge difference between fashion and training shoes. But sorry to say there are huge differences, you've been lucky previously.

If you look around your local gym I don't imagine you'll see many Nike Jordan's, or converse all star trainers, or those adidas shell toe ones everyone's keen on nowadays.

You need to get yourself a good supportive shoe designed for working out, not a fashion trainer designed solely to look snazzy.
    You are missing the point. The shoes may well be perfectly suitable for walking about in all day, but a courtesy to other users (and the floor of the gym) is to not wear outdoor shoes which can bring in unwelcome street dirt and foot odour etc

The "condition" of the shoes might be fine , but how do you contend with the sweat your feet produce while running and working out? The life of the shoes will also be considerably shortened by using them for all activity.

You really should be thoroughly drying out your shoes after every workout and certainly not putting them back on to go home in. Ideally, you should be "resting" your shoes and the only way to do this is to have at least two pair to alternate between sessions.

Anyway, we are digressing from the point of your thread. You've bought the wrong shoes, so you've mis-bought and cannot expect a refund if you've already used them unless you can show they are somehow faulty.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure