What small DFW things will you do w/c 2nd July?

Options
123457»

Comments

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,113 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    CLF - Yep! He was wearing them while driving between two work venues & the section over the nose went 'like melted cheese', so clearly not up to the job of being a hot summer item! Not designer or anything, but still £20 & only a couple of months old so he's very keen to get his money back, as you can imagine.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,113 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Sunshades,
    Low cost kitchen tart-up Day 3. Too hot to be indoors but getting on well.
    *Dresser base cleaned & polished using stuff from stores.
    *Beef rogan josh in slow cooker for tonight's meal. Not even got to think abour rice, as have taken some garlic flatbreads out of the freezer.
    *Picked last of our strawberries.
    *Cleaned up old kitchen stereo using a cheapo own-brand wipe. I don't usually buy wipes because of them being single-use only & non-biodegradeable but to be fair, the stereo is gleaming. Mr f horrified I used an anti-bac wipe to clean the lens of the CD player but calmed down when I told him how many s**ts I really couldn't give as long as it's clean, no longer covered in flour & I can still play my CDs!
    *Clean kitchen window inside & out (my next job) & polish with scrunched up newspaper.
    *Clean pvc window frames with an ancient not very impressive product from my 'use it up' list.
    *Watered veggies. Peppers, aubergines & chillies kicking in now.
    *Feed all fruiting veg later when it's cooler.
    *Write letters using stationary from my writing box & a recycled envelope.
    *Attempt to cut new kitchen blind to size. Mr f raring to go with hacksaw. I must fetch my good sewing shears to cut the fabric as neatly as poss.
    *Start sugar soaping kitchen units if time, otherwise will do them tomorrow when the paintmeister is back at work.
    *Two baths from one lit of painty hot water.
    *Knit present.
    Must crack on. House is bombsite due to kitchen stuff spread all over house.
    Love f xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    foxgloves wrote: »
    CLF - Yep! He was wearing them while driving between two work venues & the section over the nose went 'like melted cheese', so clearly not up to the job of being a hot summer item! Not designer or anything, but still £20 & only a couple of months old so he's very keen to get his money back, as you can imagine.
    F x

That's mad! You'd think they could withstand sunshine!!
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 July 2018 at 9:26PM
    Options
    Hi July-Penny-Jailers,

Lovely trip to Arran yesterday. Lots of free wildlife.

This list will grow as I do stuff.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

THINGS I WILL DO:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Take medication. Done.

* Turn alarm clock off at the wall til tonight. Done.

* Get some exercise. Done. Managed an evening stroll.

* List an old laptop for sale on eBay.

* Defrost two quarter loaves we froze before our holiday. Done.

* Buy ice cream in Farmfoods. Cheaper than local vendors. Done.

* Buy cheap antihistimines in Superdrug. Clegs 5 - DW 0. Done. 2 packets for £1.50. They were selling some for £9.99 at the till. :eek:

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :) Been away for a couple of days, but only costs were some food (most of which we bought back with us) and paying for a bridge toll :)

Seriously hot and dry again, and must water my poor garden tonight :( Only a matter of time before we get a hose pipe ban.
    Car booting this morning, main purchase was one of those metal staged 3 level corner plant stands for £8 :) I would like to keep it but not sure where to put it. Will leave dismantled in garage for a while before I decide whether to keep or sell. Also bought a couple of brooches, some tomatoes, a glass jug and a bunch of flowers - a strange shopping list if ever I saw one :rotfl:Less than £15 spent altogether, and some of that for my business.
    Paid milk bill - not moneysaving (except that their butter is cheapest I have found anywhere) but must be done!
    Load of washing in machine, can go out once done, will soon dry.

Picked first outdoor tomato and second courgette :)
    Had some of the food we brought back from camping for lunch, and will just do burgers / salad in buns with some potato wedges on the side for dinner. Invited my brother, but warned him it is too hot for proper cooking!
    Spreadsheet to update, watering to do, too hot for anything else! Happy Sunday everyone :)
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Crumbs it's hot

Slowly doing some housework I didn't get done yesterday.
    Also need to fix a drawer that when I pulled out last night fell to bits......not having much luck in this area at the minute.
    Thank u for everyone's good wishes re: leak and water damage. The frustrating thing is I had a leak 3 times before I even got the wet room, the damage to my ceiling each time was awful , add the wet room into the equation and it has just become a huge nightmare, hopefully things will get sorted this time.

Not done masses today. Just about to do foot elevation as leg could beat a Walls sausage hands down at the minute.
    Finished packing up my second link to hope box last night. Also managed to get a summer headscarf very cheap for my third box. Have to do these gradually as I hate packaging anything up with a passion, it's one of my pet hates.
    Was brave and a miracle this morning that i packed up a parcel of bits from my present box that I've had hanging around forever plus a few cuddly toys to send to a charity for their tombola. I am determined with the sorting out and decorating that has been going on to keep streamlining and getting more stuff out of the house. Very gradually getting there but a very slow job and something I can do while decorating is suspended.
    Used a few more bits for food that DD cooked and I dug a naan out of the freezer to share and add to the meal. We only wanted a snack so it did the job nicely
    Think thats all to report for now
    Have a great evening everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hope you have all been enjoying your weekend. It has remained sunny here, we could do with a couple of days of rain, we haven't had any for weeks.

Yesterday we received our final reward from the focus group we participated in, a years free English Heritage membership (worth £99). Additionally, throughout the project, we also received £105 cash & 3 x family lunches, snacks & drinks. :j

Today I have been rearranging my clothes storage, whilst doing so I have the equivalent of a large black sack to take to the charity shop, the same again for the rag collection, a few items for my Sister. I also dealt with my floordrobe :( hopefully, I will manage not to let this to return.

Both Saturday & Sunday were NSD's. All our food was from stores. We are continuing to turn off lights and appliances when not in use.

Everyone has paid me for their parts of the wholesale order we did recently :T
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business