Travelling to London

Comments

• stragglebod
    stragglebod Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    The 205 is a more interesting journey - up through Shoreditch and Islington - Met/Circle/H&C tube to Euston Sq for speed.
  • aardvaak
    aardvaak Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You tap in at the first barrier at Liverpool Street then tap out when you arrive at Euston, there aren't barriers between the different tube lines.

I would be inclined to stay on the Met/Circle line to Euston Square, it's less hassle than changing lines at Moorgate, and a 5 min walk from Euston mainline. Have a look on google maps to see where it is in relation to where you are going.

The Met/Circle line trains are also air conditioned, Northern Line isn't ;)

I didn't realize Euston was on the circle I thought I had to change
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    aardvaak wrote: »
    I didn't realize Euston was on the circle I thought I had to change

There are two stations close to each other: Euston and Euston Square.
  • aardvaak
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    There are two stations close to each other: Euston and Euston Square.

Which one is on the circle & is Liverpool st on the circle?
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    macman wrote: »
    As above. It would be frankly daft to go via Oxford Circus. Just get any westbound train from LIverpool St (Circle, District or Metropolitan) and get off at Euston Square. Changing trains will add far more time than the brief walk from Euston Square to Euston mainline.

District doesn't go through Liverpool st.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • peachyprice
    Which one is on the circle & is Liverpool st on the circle?

Euston Square is on the Circle and Hammersmith & City, and yes Liverpool St is on the Circle Line/Hammersmith & City too. But both lines share the same platform and you can get on either, they both take the exact same route, you just need to get on the first train that comes along.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • aardvaak
    District doesn't go through Liverpool st.

I asked about the circle
  • aardvaak
    Euston Square is on the Circle/Hammersmith & City, and yes Liverpool St is on the Circle Line and Hammersmith & City too. But both lines share the same platform and you can get on either, they both take the exact same route, you just need to get on the first train that comes along.

Thank you so I can get on the circle at Liverpool St and go to Euston square without changing?
  • peachyprice
    I asked about the circle

I know you did. I was replying to macman who said you could take District too, which you can't. (I wouldn't want you thinking you were in the wrong place because you couldn't see the District Line)
  • peachyprice
    edited 4 July 2018 at 10:29PM
    Thank you so I can get on the circle at Liverpool St and go to Euston square without changing?

Yes, you can.

If a Ham & City train comes first you can get on that too, no need to miss it to get on a Circle Line specifically, both go the same way.

This will all make sense when you follow the signs at Liverpool Street, yours will be yellow and burgundy with Circle Line and Hammersmith & City on them, you just need to follow the signs for westbound, and there will be a map of the line by the footbridge so you can double check you're going the right way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure