Speeding offences & insurance policies

13»

Comments

• Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    But this whole thread is about an SP30, not the difference between speeding and dangerous driving conviction effects on your policy.

Since when has that ever mattered on these forums? If you can find one thread on the motoring forum that hasn't turned into a tirade of abuse and down shouting (or at least spun off topic), i'll be rather surprised.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Strider590 wrote: »
    Those offences are devalued by the fact they get handed out indiscriminately, even to those who are otherwise responsible drivers OR (as mentioned) 90yr old Doris in her WagonR.
    The Police actual aren't going to chase down a 90yr old for doing 35 in 30 limit.
    In fact Doris could probably whiz past them every day at 40 and all they'd do is run the plates, that is until there is something wrong with the car or she upgrades to a Focus RS with blacked out windows.

If you these offences to mean anything, then you'd have to to leave speed enforcement to traffic officers, and we know the Police don't the have resources or funding to do that.

A Police traffic officer saying "yeah this guy is a dangerous driver", means a hell of a lot more than some sad little man in van pointing a glorified laser pointer at passing motorists.

If that doesn't make sense then I can't really help you.

So you think breaking the law should be ignored?

I bet you're the type that if stopped doing 38 in a 30 you'd turn around to the officer and tell him to go catch proper crimnals.
  • Strider590 wrote: »
    Since when has that ever mattered on these forums? If you can find one thread on the motoring forum that hasn't turned into a tirade of abuse and down shouting (or at least spun off topic), i'll be rather surprised.

Well done in keeping up the tradition. :T
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    So you think breaking the law should be ignored?

I bet you're the type that if stopped doing 38 in a 30 you'd turn around to the officer and tell him to go catch proper crimnals.

I wouldn't be doing 38 in a 30 in the first place, I always aim* to drive at the speed limit on every road.

* Where it's possible/safe to do so.

Whether you choose to believe that or not is entirely your own problem.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    A Police traffic officer saying "yeah this guy is a dangerous driver", means a hell of a lot more than some sad little man in van pointing a glorified laser pointer at passing motorists.
    :wall: And that would be a completely different offence and totally irrelevant to this thread. This thread is about speeding, and the police will quite happily issue speeding fines as well as any camera partnership will.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

You've not noticed them because they are only ones you don't post on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure