Experian - £2 Report - Need help

Hi all,

Need some help. A few months ago there was an article by Martin on PPI - we followed it and joined the credit club to get our £2 credit file from Experian.

Low and behold - for the last few months Experian has been charging £14.95 per month.

Other than that initial time - we have not used or logged into Experian - but at this point £45 that has been taken from our account - for a service we haven't used since then.

We are confused and worried that something is seriously amiss.

Has anybody else had this happen to them? What caused this? How did you get it sorted out please?

My sincere thanks to anybody willing to help.

Leo.

Comments

• You'll have signed up to their full service at some point.

Contact them and cancel.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You'll have signed up to their full service at some point.

Contact them and cancel.

Good luck at trying to get your money back though...
  • wizzywig27 wrote: »
    Good luck at trying to get your money back though...

I'm pretty confident we only went for the £2 report - since it was never used after that initial report. Could it be an error of some sort on their end?
  • diggingdude
    diggingdude Posts: 2,445
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    It's likely the deal you signed up to was for initial £2 that had to be cancelled before 28 days to avoid continuing charges or something like that. take it as a life lesson, call up and cancel so that you don't pay anything else
    An answer isn't spam just because you don't like it......
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    leonardo wrote: »
    I'm pretty confident we only went for the £2 report - since it was never used after that initial report. Could it be an error of some sort on their end?

However,
    leonardo wrote: »
    Hi all,

Need some help. A few months ago there was an article by Martin on PPI - we followed it and joined the credit club to get our £2 credit file from Experian.

I think you're a bit confused about what you signed up for. There's no charge to join MSE's Credit Club, which provides a copy of your Experian credit report.

It seems likely you toddled off to Experian's website and signed up for a trial of their CreditExpert service.
  • I signed up for a free credit report and they charged me £14 + for over a year. They wouldn't cancel it for me so I contacted my bank and they cancelled it and somehow got me all my money back! Apparently they are very well known for taking money from people without them realizing!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I signed up for a free credit report and they charged me £14 + for over a year. They wouldn't cancel it for me so I contacted my bank and they cancelled it and somehow got me all my money back! Apparently they are very well known for taking money from people without them realizing!

Its when people sign up and no realising or reading what they have signed for thats the issue.

I could be wrong but you dont get charged the first month but the next month amd so on you get charhed.

You could have got it cancelled if you had persisted with experian, cancelled mine easy enough, much easier than cancelling other subscriptions.
  • Your bigger issue is not knowing a company was taking £15 out of your account for 3 months.
  • I signed up for a free credit report and they charged me £14 + for over a year.

You should ask your bank to start sending you monthly statements.
  • leonardo
    leonardo Posts: 72
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 6 September 2017 at 6:29PM
    I want to thank each of you that has contributed here.

I am asking anyone that has been through a similar situation and got their money back from Experian to PM me please. I'm asking for help with how you managed it - and the name of the person you spoke to / department.

My sincerest thanks and regards to any that choose to help our family with this,

Leo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport