Vomiting or Regurgitating Cat ( my Baby)

Over the past week my cat has been vomiting up Whiskas cat food 3 times in the morning as soon as he has eaten it.

I gave him dry food this morning without a problem, I think - no evidence as yet- as when I got home around 4pm ish I gave him some Whiskas and sure enough it was regurgitated on the lawn immediately.

I'm not convinced it is the Whiskas that is causing the problem nor fur balls. Or is there a batch of Whiskas that has been recalled?

I have decided to feed him on dry food for now so see if this makes a difference.

He is alert, his normal wonderful self, and no difference in his behaviour.

Any ideas.

Thank you All
xxx

Comments

• Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Any ideas please?
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My cat seems to go through spates of being sick maybe two or three days. Hocks up a massive hair ball or has a hair filled poo and then all is well.

It may be nothing. I'd be worried about giving him too much dried food as it may dehydrate him a bit on top of the being sick?

Have you tried tinned tuna in spring water? Maybe a little but at a time if you're overly worried. Or changing his brand of food. We can only give our cat as good as it looks felix with Tesco indoor cat crunshies. Any thing else and he voms... he used to eat wiskers and then Felix. Slowly the pool of food he'll accept is getting smaller. Soon It'll cost more to feed him then us...

If it goes on for to long take him to the vets.

Our cat has FIV and Hay fever too. Every time I say if it goes on another 12 hours - whatever's wrong seems to clear up. Bless him - he gets so traumatised by going in the car he stages a dirty protest even though it's only five minutes. Then another on the way home. It's awful. Then we bathe him. Haha

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    I think it'd be sensible to try another brand of wet food. Then see what the result is.
  • Sensemaya wrote: »
    Any ideas please?

A trip to the vet?
  • Mrs_Z
    Mrs_Z Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    How old is your cat? Has she/he been losing weight recently? If your cat is over 10 years old, It could be one of the signs of hyperthyroidsm. Blood test at the vets would rule it in/out.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    My cat had problems with coughing and vomiting, often one led to another. At the Vet's told not a problem unless it's more than once a week!

Try something as bland as possible - even a couple of fish-fingers (minus the 'bread-crumb' coating).
    Then try a different brand - mine's favourite is Morrison's
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family