PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Saturday 21st April 2018

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    snoozer wrote: »
    We're off to see DS and DiL this morning we were supposed to be doing some more of the Norfolk coast path but DS hads come back from Wales with raging hayfever and doesn't feel up to it. Just a thought Judi, I suffer from late onset Hayfever and for a few years thought that I was suffering from colds every spring - do you think this could be Grump's problem.
    No that's the first thing he thought so started to take his hay fever medication some weeks ago but it hasn't helped the tightness and wheeze in his chest. I appreciate the input though.

Morning all,

Grump was up early and is under his car trying to find the problem with it. He took some lovely pictures on his drive back last night...well, before he was rescued anyway. I'm on my phone at the moment but post one that made me laugh when I'm on my pc a bit later.

Of course this has given him more of an excuse to buy a second car. My reasoning is he hasn't done a full weeks work in months. How's he going to pay for it? Of course, it up to him anyway, his money, his bank account. What do I know?

On the plus side he's been offered another job, He will be still out of town but closer to home for a few months before back to Wales later on in the year.

The good news is that I am coping well....except the fact I ate half a chocolate gateau yesterday and I'll be starving myself today to make up for it.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Its a beautiful day here :j it really lifts your spirits, dd's boyf is at work so I an getting to spend some quality time with her which is really nice, I think we might pop into town today and look for some summer clothes for my holiday, we might have a light lunch out too.

I think we might BBQ tonight as the weather is so nice it seems a shame to eat indoors, so we need to get some bbq things while out shopping, we need some wine too.

Going to have some breakfast after this and then get on and have a tidy through and a quick shower before going out.

TA I honestly wish there was something I could do for you to take some of the pressure away, having a kitchen done it hard enough anyway without all the extra pressure you have on you, have a huge hug my lovely xx

Snoozer I hope your dd gets some help at Guys xx

Have good days all and enjoy the sun xx
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning sunshine :wave:

So far so good here today so bedding washed and will hang out soon. Didn't really need doing to be honest but this weather brings out this manic need in me to wash everything possible I will regret it later when I am remaking the bed my most hated job. When I win the lottery I will have daily hotel style cleaners so I never need to fight a duvet again.

Usual Sat here have been to Asda for some bits then its my befriending call soo n followed by the obligatory visit to James Martin....maybe I could get him to change my bedding .........:D:D

According to the weather man British summers consist os 2 sunny days and a thunderstorm he could well be right but hoping we do see a bit more of this weather heaven this year :)

Had a nice lunch out with a mate yesterday we went to the miller and carter which i really love their sea bass is just lush :)

Somat from the freezer tonight but could well be burgers in the garden if it holds :)

Right best crack on enjoy this weather whilst you can girls its on its way out
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Bonjour,
    Le ciel est bleu, le soleil est brille et il est tres chaud :T

Sorry life is so tough at the moment TA:( Wish I could do something for you but all I can do is send virtual (((hugs))) and hope that things get sorted little by little :)

Holly, thanks for starting us off & so happy that you had such a lovely day yesterday & have a plan in place to meet up with your friend on a regular basis :)

Enjoy the sunshine everyone & I hope that the predicted stormy weather is brief & clears the air for the next period of sunshine & heat :)

DH has discovered a French website & is happily taking photos & posting various items for sale. The French family friends are putting the word out re house contents sale (VIDE MAISON) & DSis will be putting a notice in the local sm so just need a start date & will be daily until we leave. Anything not sold will be taken to the Tip.

So today is even more decluttering :rotfl: even I didn’t :rotfl: I would cry as there is soooo much stuff :(

Anyway this isn’t getting it done so au revoir

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all.
    Thanks for the thread Holly hugs to all those in need and a specially huge hug for TA.
    I'm late online today, the other side of my car has now been keyed and I took it to get it looked at.
    Then I went for my daily walk along the towpath, the soap boat was trading so I treated myself to some handmade soap.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    Bonjour mme SD et bonjour everyone else.

Holly what a lovely day, I hope today is as good.

TA I too wish that there was something practical I could offer but I can at least offer some virtual hand holding. In our last house, for some very strange reason the people we bought it from had their kitchen in what was meant to be the breakfast room, and they used the massive extension as a store and utility room, most odd. So we had a kitchen built in the extension but that did enable us to use the previous kitchen. That part was good but what was less good was when I came to remove the risky polystyrene tiles from the ceiling, all I had to do was One Touch on a single tile and the whole lot came down. Yes, they had put polystyrene tiles onto lining paper in a kitchen. And I think we were lucky not to have been hurt while we saved up for the new kitchen.

I have had almost no sleep as the alarm in our bedroom was doing intermittent beeps. I went to the spare room to sleep - OH woukd sleep through armageddon - and I couldn't settle at all. Now the alarm seems back to normal, it has done this before.

I've been into town to buy some embroidery silk and buttons and come home with two nice loose linen tops. I've also had a hiss fit and attacked the sealant in the bathroom, it is clean now.

I really need some sleep.

I'm a bit annoyed with my DS as he's been quite nasty to me, am biting my tongue.

JackieO I hope your arm is comfortable.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    *Snuffle snuffle* For the first time in years I have atrocious hay fever. I can't remember the last time it was this bad. No idea why; I don't think there's any different pollen around than previous years - good thing we have a goodly supply of hankies!
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    How horrible for you LW, my hay fever hasn't started yet, it's willow fluff that affects me, so it was a good idea to move on to the canal, lol.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all
    We have been to the caravan shop this morning for a few things, as we have booked our first holiday away in mid May. We also called in Al*is on the way home for a few bits and bobs, the shop wasn't as busy as I anticipated.
    I put yesterdays washing out again this morning, just to finish off and luckily it had dried by the time we got home. It's now overcast and trying it's hardest to rain. So is that spring or summer over now ? :(
    After yesterday's antics over the van, I am now quite stiff so I shall park myself on the sofa for the rest of the day. There are things I want to do but nothing that really needs doing IYSWIM, however I categorically refuse to play hide and seek with the dust again today :rotfl:.
    We had a serious talk about our 'vanning last night too, as we are finding it harder to cope with the physical side of it. So our plan is to go on as we are for the next 3 years, then we will decide if we want/ can continue, put it on a permanent site or sell up. But we shall have to see how Mr Fix It's health is holding up annually though, the best laid plans and all that.
    Tea tonight will be jacket potatoes, cheesy beans and either bacon or corned beef. A quick and easy meal as I don't feel like slaving over a hot stove today ;).
    Holly well done on a good day and a lovely evening. Hope you have many more :).
    TA I am sending you ginormous hugs. It will be a sad day if you have to give up your van :(. We love being away in ours but i can also see that day looming for us too.
    Snoozer my fingers are crossed for your DD too.
    Hester why are some people so horrible. I'm :mad: on your behalf. Hope they get their comeuppance soon.
    AOD extra hugs for you.
    LW could it be tree pollen this year ?
    Take care all and hugs to everyone as the hug bucket is brimming over.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Back from shopping....The motor was fine. Please don't tell me its one of those problems that can't be diagnosed and is intermittent. It's still booked in the garage on Monday. I hope it's easily fixed as these days off work out quite expensive over the year.

Spent far too much on groceries again...of course it doesn't help I've got an extra mouth to feed...I'm dreading submitting the gas/elec meter readings cause if it's increased any more Grump will ban the boys from showering here...well he'll try to anyway. Eldest is withholding part of his rent as his flat has a damp problem and he refuses to pay full rent till it's fixed. Meanwhile, the landlord refuses to fix the water heater. This has been going on for months.

I've had pictures sent to me of Livewire and Diva and a message from my daughter in SA. Soldier needs to have his tonsils out. They are just waiting for the insurance to finalize things their end.

Our caravan is sited in North Devon. It's been undercover since it was bought new in 2007. We no longer have a motor capable of towing it so the farmer tows it out of the storage barn and sites it for us (£6 tow in and £6 to tow out). All we (or should I say Grump) has to do is plug in the electrics and sort the water. The storage is £550 a year but its the cheapest we could get anywhere undercover. Grump has had to pay a bit extra for the extra length as it is 26ft long. Something we didn't take into consideration when it was bought. I've been pushing Grump to sell it for awhile as we only use it 4 or 5 times a year for the odd few days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure