PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 April 2018 at 6:44AM
    Options
    1. Bluebells looking beautiful as I walked past on my way to work.

2. A lift by colleague to bus stop in way home. Had a good chat.

3. Spent some time in the greenhouse.

4.DS2 cooked a lovely ham pie for tea with leftovers for lunch today.

5. Watched Him by City and then Liverpool v Roma

6. Ordered some clothes for MIL using her debit card so no problems getting the money back. I will have to wait and see how wrong it all is. I did show to DH before I ordered but he said that's fine without taking it in.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats on new role DD sounds exciting. Wish I could pluck up the courage to apply for a job :rotfl:

Yesterday

1. Conference at posh sports club. Really interesting morning, but would have liked more solutions.

2. Nice chat with colleague.

3. Only DH and me for tea. Had bacon chops, egg, new potatoes and peas. Yum.

4. DS2 had lift to cadets and DD had lift to theatre, so did not need to go out again.

5. DD 25th birthday.

Sun shine already:j
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tuesday pleasures,

Lovely friend came round with her mobile grooming parlour and little dog had her pamper session, she looks very smart without her shaggy winter coat and a much deeper chocolate brown.

It rained, a lot, but plus side is the grass looks very green.

Into horsey town to get Capt S’s birthday card, harder than would think as he’s not my husband or fianc! “just” the one I love and it seems that very few people need that kind of card :mad:

We too watched the Liverpool match, nothing quite like a European night at Anfield.

Cup of what I now call my sleepy tea, herbal infusion that does seem to be helping with sleep issues.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    V Well yesterday BoP again trimmed his puppy fat in readiness of appearing at Anderby Creek! Details soon, so there. Only need some new trunks now! Champion!

4 Tea last eve BoP mixed up some Gorilla Bitsers Roulette, too much in fact there is enough left over for tonight! Early inn the weak I know for roulette, but good for you. That’s the freezer veg done and gone! It include a dollop of spinach this weak, to bounce up the iron. It is true what you see in the cartoon! Proper foods and good for you! For those who does not know what bitsers are. These are the bits that are left in the fridge and you then toss them into the pan, bit of garlic and chili flakes. Add a dashings of Soy Sauce and there you has Gorilla Bitsers Roulette! You know yous going to try it! Not available in Jimmy the Cook’s book!

3 Down at mill we are two shovel pushers down in the boiler house. Yes, we has moved into a house on our own. Talking of houses, the lass around the back near BoP palace, who has gone through men like ice cream, has new BF. He has not got any money or a hosue as he stays over here, and hers is not like BoP and BoPsie’s Pad. Now I bets you are asking how BoP knows this without sticking his fingers in. If you drive a nice new 18 plate car and had money, she would be round at his! Got it? Further financial advice from BoP is given free!

2 day inn BoP’s well packed Lunch Box we again has two clubs, cheese, and salad. Tea is also being drunk in the boiler house. Need it today as we are looking into new ways to get some cloth in and another customers needs his cloth sorting out. So BoP is in gaffer’s office this morning and as usual is appropriately dressed for the occasion, shirt and tie, like everyday! Exception today, I has my Tigger tie on! And also this very morning BoP’s pension money went into his cash pot, as well as some from the tax man. Another month closer to putting my cardigan on and my slippers next to the fire!

Another dollopings of BoPiness available tomorrow!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 25 April 2018 at 3:14PM
    Options
    1) DD2 and Grandpickles safely back home.

2) Fab few days with them visiting, am now totally and utterly shattered but very happy.

3) Peace and quiet and a tidy house again, upstairs all beds changed, bathroom cleaned and everywhere tidy.

4) He Who Knows has steam mopped all the floors downstairs without being asked to, he's a good boy!

5) No more picnics for a while, haven't eaten so much bread in an age and we're both craving fresh bread. That should read veg!!!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening all

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Trip to Wigan, haven't been there for 25 years or so but didn't see anything bar the station. However excellent interviewees with loads of data gathered (i.e I couldn't shut them up :D)
    2. Good train trips and walks to and from station - even though I walked back in the rain
    3. Did my first fast day for a couple of years and it was ok. had an old favourite of carrot and cabbage- etti with prawns and a tomatoey sauce
    4. Someone had already taken the desk - so we've paid the council £17 for nothing. We knew it was a risk and the pleasure is that it is gone:T
    5. Went to be quite early and slept well

and today

1. went to Wigan again - it's like buses, nothing for 25 years and then two come along at once :rotfl:. It was a complete coincidence as I was seeing someone from a different company. Also an excellent respondent
    2. Had a full english on the train (minus the toast). i wasn't starving after yesterday's fast but it went down well. i even ate the black pudding :eek: and, yes BoP, I had a snorker
    3. Again good walks to and fro - lovely to see all the blossom out
    4. Looking forward to chicken with stir fried veg for tea
    5. looking forward to yoga this evening

Have a good evening all - york tomorrow
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello...just waiting on chap coming to take my car away to fix at his work tomorrow. Not as expensive as it might have been.

Had a day off from decluttering the mother though did get a well done email from my aunt...she's been trying for years!

Thinking of those who have served for Australia and New Zealand and continue to do so. I'd watched the dawn service live, last night and was rather emotional through it all. First time in 8 years I've not been in Australia. Missing it very much just now. DD2 has just booked flights to visit in 6 weeks. I shall just do it vicariously through her trip.

Did the emails/ letters that needed doing. Posted! The list is clear.

Walked to T for stamps. Gardens in bloom are lovely. We seem to be getting greener each day.

I've been watching a lovely series called 800 Words on iplayer. Resonates with my life story.

Had a baked spud for tea. Thought it was chilli in frozen tub...bolognese!

Washing out and almost dry ( in between the showers) ironed.

First builder of 3 came out to do quote. I liked his attitude...see if I like his prices!

DD I had sent my friends a message on FB messenger with the original request from the project , Red Box Project. Great response from them...they just turned up with bags for me!
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Wednesday’s pleasures

1. Lovely hot bath :j

2. Woke up with a swollen face but already had a drs appointment:) & got antibiotics

3. Rained on & off all day but I never got caught out :)

4. A few more items sold :)

5. Snorkers, mash & baked beans for dinner :drool::drool:

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening all :)

Five pleasures since my last post:

1. Another productive couple of mornings on the allotment - sunny and blowy - very cheering up.

2. Managed, at long last, to get the asparagus crowns properly planted. They'd been tucked under some compost temporarily to keep them happy while they waited and were already busy starting to sprout. :T

3. Last night, very funny phone call with my parents who'd both got the giggles. Just before I rang, they'd apparently been making each other laugh about their inability to remember things. It was lovely to hear them so happy.

4. Massive chopping back of a very overgrown rosemary bush in our back garden then followed by taking the sack full of clippings to the green recycling. The car now smells really strongly of rosemary - gorgeous!

5. Beautiful sunset as I was driving home.

Sweet dreams :)
    B x
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Wednesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Bigger son survived his dentist appointment. After an hour (!) in the dentist's chair, they let him have a rest in the waiting room. He lay slumped back in the comfy chair and regaled the other patients with how AWFUL each injection and bout of drilling had been. I'm surprised they didn't all run away home! Then back in for another 30 minutes and he's all done now.

3) Hens well.

4) HM soup for lunch (for obvious reasons).

5) Burritos for tea then pineapple for pudding.

6) Bigger son went to games night.

7) Watched First Dates.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport