Bit late paying bill - E.ON

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could put my mind at ease..... or confirm that I should be worried.

I received an E.ON bill dated 28th March, there was a notification email sent but for some reason I did not notice it. I thought it was odd that I had not received a bill so I checked my account today to discover the bill and I have paid it today (Probably will clear on Monday).

This is 24 days after the bill was sent (26 if going by Monday), I am surprised I did not receive any reminder emails or letters about the outstanding bill. Still, I am a bit worried that my credit records will be damaged because of this.

Does anyone know about this?

Thanks

Bradley

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,055
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You need to arrange for a DD payment to save yourself these worries
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Yeah, I am considering switching a few more things to DD as my life is a lot busier nowadays.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could put my mind at ease..... or confirm that I should be worried.

I received an E.ON bill dated 28th March, there was a notification email sent but for some reason I did not notice it. I thought it was odd that I had not received a bill so I checked my account today to discover the bill and I have paid it today (Probably will clear on Monday).

This is 24 days after the bill was sent (26 if going by Monday), I am surprised I did not receive any reminder emails or letters about the outstanding bill. Still, I am a bit worried that my credit records will be damaged because of this.

Does anyone know about this?

Thanks

Bradley
    Yeah, I am considering switching a few more things to DD as my life is a lot busier nowadays.

Hello Bradley and welcome to the Forums.

Don't worry, we give customers 44 days to pay bills before information is shared with a credit agency.

It's odd, though, you didn't receive something from us about this. We usually start contacting customers who pay on receipt of the bill within 14 days if there's an outstanding balance.

If you do decide to set up a Monthly Direct Debit and are on a Fixed Tariff, you'll save money. Paying this way gives you lower daily standing charges. Will save you about £45 per fuel per year when compared with other payment methods. As you've an online account, you can set up and manage a Monthly Direct Debit through our website. This includes being able to change the monthly amount to suit changing circumstances. There's more about this on our website.

Hope this eases your mind Bradley. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi Malc,

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks, your response was reassuring and informative.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    Hi Malc,

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks, your response was reassuring and informative.

No worries therealbraderz. Glad it was useful.

Have a good day.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure