PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Are you a fan of salad spinners?

123457»

Comments

• Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I love my salad spinner. Mine even has a brake on it for when you get into extreme salad spinning ...
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,972 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    There again, Mum used to put the lettuce in an old pillowcase and swish it backwards and forwards outside - did the job just as well!

This has to be one of the oddest things I've ever read on MSE! I'm just wondering what the neighbours thought!
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Slinky wrote: »
    This has to be one of the oddest things I've ever read on MSE! I'm just wondering what the neighbours thought!

... never accept a dinner invitation??? :D
    :hello:
  • For those of you who spin their salads in tea towels and pillow cases may I say two words 'Mr Bean'?:rotfl:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXKmAGUIDMs
  • I am a member of the Worldwide Community Of Salad Spinner Users.
    They are a fantastic invention.
    You will wonder how you ever lived.
    Don't buy cheap.
    Get the best quality you can.
    It will serve you well for years.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I just put my washed lettuce in a clean tea towel draw up the corners and swing it round my head. Simple...who needs a salad spinner?
  • My DM owned a salad spinner (the type that you put in the sink) which my DSis has inherited & will now make it’s way to my house.:T I love this salad spinner & I do need to eat more lettuce & salad food so it will give me an excuse:rotfl: as I do hate soggy lettuce :(

So salad spinners get my vote & I already know where it will be kept :rotfl:

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • LOL, I like the sound of this. Dry lettuce and a bit of exercise at the same time!!

I wash mine in the colander, leave it to drain for 5 mins then put a teatowel over the top and give it a shake ... never had a problem with soggy sald, but to be honest I eat at my desk so don't really take much notice of what im shovelling in my mouth!!
    wading through the treacle of life!

debt 2016 = £21,000. debt 2021 = £0!!!!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I am a member of the Worldwide Community Of Salad Spinner Users.
    They are a fantastic invention.
    You will wonder how you ever lived.
    Don't buy cheap.
    Get the best quality you can.
    It will serve you well for years.

Hmmmm.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income