Auf Weidhersehen Debt

Comments

• Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How does the receipt thing work brookside? I shop in Asda all the time!
  • Brookside88
    Brookside88 Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Rachel24 wrote: »
    How does the receipt thing work brookside? I shop in Asda all the time!

You type in asda price guarantee on Google and put in the long number just above the bar code, it then compares it with the other big 3 and gives you a voucher to print of its not 10% cheaper.

You can also hunt down other people's dumped receipts and put them in too. I've had a 6 quid voucher from someone else's shopping before!

I think you can do it up to 14 days after so if you have any receipts lying around you can check those and you can also do online shops too

Let me know how you get on!
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Omg thank you how have I never known about this! Just got a voucher for £2.18! Will do this from now on thank you!
  • Brookside88
    Rachel24 wrote: »
    Omg thank you how have I never known about this! Just got a voucher for £2.18! Will do this from now on thank you!

Amazing! :T It's now a disappointment to find out my shopping was cheaper elsewhere because I like the satisfaction of a voucher! :rotfl: you'll be scouring the car park like a womble in no time!
  • Brookside88
    Well i'm very impressed with prolific academic. I've done 3 surverys and earned £2.75 since about 2pm! add that to the £1.40 on qmee and I think that's a fairly successful day!
  • Brookside88
    Another 75p on prolific at lunch time today.

I've been doing a bit of reading about matched betting. I'm intrigued and fearful all at once. I think I understand the concept and have read a few bits on here about it. I might dip my toe. Anybody have any experience of it as a newbie? was it easy to pick up?
  • Brookside88
    Hi all,

Up to £6.50 in the prolific account now, really impressed with it. Bit gutted to see a £10 study this morning that I didn't have time to do. Average completion time was 112 mins with 100 places available, I've been watching the available spaces go down today hoping that there would still be a couple available after work but alas, it wasn't to be!

Hey ho! There will be more opportunities I'm sure.

In other news, my car needs 4 new tyres (£500 approx) and new brake pads (£100) , so that's just marvellous!

8.5 days until payday!
  • Brookside88
    Just changed the title of my thread to something a little more eye catching. It came to me in moment of genius this morning. May not resonate with those under a certain age lol. I checked there weren't any others with the same title and couldn't believe there wasn't!
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I spotted the name change, great choice and so much more positive than your old one.

Prolific can be variable and I have to admit that I lose the will to live on those really long ones. You can pick up bits via surveys if you have time, Joeyjimbles swears by e-reward which generates nectar points for example. Pinecone is good if you can get on. Swagbucks is poor return for the time but its still useful - there is usually a referral link from MSE that gets you a lot more bonus points than a personal referral and that would let you bank up Amazon vouchers for presents.
  • Brookside88
    I spotted the name change, great choice and so much more positive than your old one.

Prolific can be variable and I have to admit that I lose the will to live on those really long ones. You can pick up bits via surveys if you have time, Joeyjimbles swears by e-reward which generates nectar points for example. Pinecone is good if you can get on. Swagbucks is poor return for the time but its still useful - there is usually a referral link from MSE that gets you a lot more bonus points than a personal referral and that would let you bank up Amazon vouchers for presents.

Thanks. Had a couple more from prolific today so that's good. I'm trying to stick to ones that I can cash out in real money. I tend to find if I have vouchers I always end up topping up with my own money. Thanks for the recommendations though!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure