NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    S_uk wrote: »
    In that case maybe Natwest shouldn't allow their employees who represent their company to put such information out via their official social media account into the public sphere, in answer to a direct question, if the information is not going to be reliable?

What matters is what the contract (the T&C's) say.

They say "by 13 April 2018". NatWest have another 6 hours 48 minutes before they are in breach of contract. :)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • JonnyH2
    JonnyH2 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got my £125 incentive paid in on Wednesday 11th April.

All fine and no probably withdrawing..
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    still nowt for me 42 mins to go or 6hrs 42 mins depending how you define the 13th deadline

the problem is the people who haven't got it yet seem to be mostly existing customers while the new customers who have had it will probably transfer out their accounts next week. must admit i've always had a natwest account its making me wonder why i've been so loyal.
  • vienly
    vienly Posts: 237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    An existing customer and still haven't received mine, I'm wondering were we meant to keep the £1500 in the account until we received the £150, or it doesn't matter if we transferred it out before then?

Sorry if this has already been answered.
  • nomorekids
    nomorekids Posts: 416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anyone waiting for incentive who got a letter about the switch and asking them to sign and send back?

If so you will not get the incentive. The incentive is only paid if the whole process is done online. The letter means you go over to manual switching.

The good news for me at least is I kept copies of every bit of correspondence and printed terms and conditions so I am getting the incentive paid to me manually.

If this applies to you, ring them and explain you want to be put through to complaints. You had no way of knowing the letter wasnt part of normal switching or that by signing it, it would cancel your eligibility for the £125.

Good luck:happyhear
    If you want to be rich, never, ever have kids ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 April 2018 at 5:41PM
    Options
    vienly wrote: »
    An existing customer and still haven't received mine, I'm wondering were we meant to keep the £1500 in the account until we received the £150, or it doesn't matter if we transferred it out before then?

Sorry if this has already been answered.

No, you don't need to have kept the £1500 in the account. As long as it was paid in before March 16th.

Edited:- Apologies. The March 16th date was the date by which the switch had to complete in order to get the bonus. The deposit could be made before or after that date (or before the switch completed).
  • Weybridge78
    Weybridge78 Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Just spoke to the switching team. Apparently, there has been a significant bank error with regards to paying people on time and there has been a high volume of calls about people not receiving the payment. The woman I spoke to said that it is now 3 to 5 business days for the issue to be sorted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just spoke to the switching team. Apparently, there has been a significant bank error with regards to paying people on time and there has been a high volume of calls about people not receiving the payment. The woman I spoke to said that it is now 3 to 5 business days for the issue to be sorted.

These lucky customers are in for big compensation if they have to wait until well into next week. Wish I was one of them...
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    Was the deadline today?

Expecting 4 across my family. None arrived.

Has anyone spoken with NatWest yet?
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    nomorekids wrote: »
    Anyone waiting for incentive who got a letter about the switch and asking them to sign and send back?

If so you will not get the incentive. The incentive is only paid if the whole process is done online. The letter means you go over to manual switching.

The good news for me at least is I kept copies of every bit of correspondence and printed terms and conditions so I am getting the incentive paid to me manually.

If this applies to you, ring them and explain you want to be put through to complaints. You had no way of knowing the letter wasnt part of normal switching or that by signing it, it would cancel your eligibility for the £125.

Good luck:happyhear

Absolutely untrue. I had to sign and return a form by post and my switch incentive was paid in to my account on 12th without any issue. My father went into branch to complete his and he too received the switch incentive, without any issue, on 12th.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure