Can we stop employees from having direct contact?

Comments

• Wyndham
    Wyndham Posts: 2,437 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hmmm..... no more updates, so....
    1) It is a troll after all, and they got bored, or
    2) It's real, and he mentioned to HR that he'd been posting on the internet for advice. They reacted badly and told him to stop....
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Wyndham wrote: »
    Hmmm..... no more updates, so....
    1) It is a troll after all, and they got bored, or
    2) It's real, and he mentioned to HR that he'd been posting on the internet for advice. They reacted badly and told him to stop....

Oh, oh, I know the answer to that one. It's the first isn't it.
  • pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm calling troll
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    last post 10:17
    last activity 10:18
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Troll or not, it's an excellent example of how wrong an overly pally boss can get things, and of how a seemingly simple situation can majorly escalate.

I hope they don't remove it, it is a good reference for others.
  • OP are you gonna come back with an update? Even to tell us you won't be posting anymore but just to tell us that's the case??
    I'm 50/50 on it being a troll post as it's a lot of hassle to make all this up! Lol
  • Hi you lot. The troll is back! Seriously though, I might be ugly but I'm no troll.

Everything is sorted and things seem to be going well at work. HR got involved, I've been reprimanded and I'm going to be been doing a course about employment law and equality in the workplace. I also issued a written apology to the lady in question and spoke to the whole team about what is appropriate in the office.

I hope things will be fine moving forward
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for coming back and updating us

Don't just hope things are going to be fine. Educate yourself on how to be a manager and read those policies and understand and implement them
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    HR got involved, I've been reprimanded and I'm going to be been doing a course about employment law and equality in the workplace. I also issued a written apology to the lady in question and spoke to the whole team about what is appropriate in the office.

So, was her grievance upheld and from there, you were taken into disciplinary the outcome being the above?
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • Cheeky_Monkey
    Cheeky_Monkey Posts: 2,072 Forumite
    Thanks for the update but is that it? She just got a written apology and was happy with that?

If so, I think you've dodged a bullet there. She could almost certainly have taken it further so you appear to be off the hook.

By the way, I thought you owned the company so not sure how you can be 'reprimanded' by some external HR company!

I know I'm being pedantic but I think you mean that they gave you some forthright advice on how to behave in future :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure